Python Forum
Translating language in python
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Translating language in python
i would not ask for the language. i would just figure it out based on the name of animal they enter. just don't try to do this with Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
(Apr-02-2017, 05:00 AM)Skaperen Wrote: i would not ask for the language.  i would just figure it out based on the name of animal they enter.  just don't try to do this with Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish.

True, and as wavic pointed out as well, there are usually alternate ways to accomplish the same goal. However, in the "Homework" section, I try and give an answer that applies to the actual problem description as supplied by the OP.  My reasoning is, the instructor might be building a foundation for future exercises.  In this case, it might be, the next assignment is to take this exercise and now rewrite it to use tuples, lists or dictionaries, the next may be to include some error checking and so on.  Just my thought process  Think .
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Adolescent language in python. Deo 2 1,466 Feb-18-2022, 12:12 PM
Last Post: perfringo
  Translating orderflow into code reez0105 0 1,249 Nov-16-2019, 05:28 AM
Last Post: reez0105