Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble in running tool
now after i changed the code to this
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup

still error
[Image: MDu6pUW.jpg]
Please, stop posting images! You have been advised to do so already. Copy/paste code, traceback, output, etc. in proper tags.
As you can see from the traceback you still use
from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup
so probably you didn't save after the change or didn't change it at all.
You have  to change in all files that grabber.py depends on.
Eg spider.py,
I do not understand why you are so determined to make an outdated, non-maintained script based on an old version of Python when there are more up to date solutions. Even correcting the problem of calling beautifulsoup is no guarantee that you will not encounter multiple other problems, which I'm sure you will.  If you are that interested in packet sniffing, why not just install Kali Linux, which comes with numerous network tools, and be done with it.

It is apparent that you are unable to determine your problem even though the error reports are telling you specifically what the problem is and what other members are telling you.  To me, continuation of this thread is just in exercise in futility for we are certainly not going to go through each line of code with you, nor are we going to rewrite the code.

If you wish to continue trying to make this code work, more power to you, but I strongly urge you to first learn the basics of the Python language before you proceed.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
(Sep-23-2017, 06:27 AM)rjahmed Wrote: now after i changed the code to this
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup

still error

That's the same error, but in a different file. You don't need our help to fix it, since you clearly know how to fix that error already. Go forth, and conquer, young grasshopper!