Python Forum
Trouble when entering the number
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trouble when entering the number
Thank you very much for your reply. But I am a beginner and don't succeed to "set up interpreter to point to python3". You should be very kind if you give me more information.
Did you see the link i posted.
Here Configuring Available Python Interpreters or just for local(if want to switch 2 to 3) Configuring Local Python Interpreters.

So let say you have install python 36 to C:\Python36
Then you go into Configuring Available Python Interpreters and point it to C:\Python36\python.exe
Then it will use this version for all  Project.

The this code shall not give you NameError when enter a string.
If get NameError you still using Python 2.x.
first_name = input("First name: ")
print(first_name)
Never saw such complexity. It will take a week to finish that ! The only thing I suceed is : ctrl+alt+S____after that I am lost. Please give me a path.___ctrl+alt+S>this >that>THAT> etc . Thanks in advance
With ctrl+alt+S>*>more____ I succeeded to load the 3.5 instead of the prevous 2.7, but I can "run" nothing. All items in the run pane are very little coloured. New trouble now !

With ctrl+alt+S>project_interprete>*>more____ I succeeded to load the 3.5 instead of the prevous 2.7, but I can "run" nothing. All items in the run pane are very little coloured. New trouble now !

I don't know why the trouble vanished. Now every thing is OK . Thanks to all Sylas
From the main menu bar, go to "File"
Select "Default Settings"
Select "Project Interpreter"

On the right hand side there is a drop down box that contains all Python versions that PyCharm can find. Select the one you will use most often. 

For a specific project:
From the main menu bar, go to "File"
Select "Settings"
Select "Project: name
Select "Project Interpreter"

Again, on the right hand side, select the Python version you wish to use for this Project.

There is also extensive in-line Help, if you just go to the main menu bar and select "Help".  If nothing else, you should at least read the "Getting Started" section.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eliminate entering QR - Whatsapp web automated by selenium akanowhere 1 3,024 Jan-21-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: owalahtole
  problem in entering address of a file in input akbarza 0 620 Oct-18-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: akbarza
  syntaxerror when entering a constructor MaartenRo 2 1,941 Aug-03-2020, 02:09 PM
Last Post: MaartenRo
  How to Stop Sentinel Value from Entering Final Output ZQ12 3 3,186 Nov-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: perfringo
  Error when entering letter/character instead of number/integer helplessnoobb 2 6,983 Jun-22-2019, 07:15 AM
Last Post: ThomasL
  Program not entering if statement on false. Scottx125 4 2,898 Nov-12-2018, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Scottx125
  Entering an expression with "input" command johnmnz 3 3,447 Sep-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Last Post: metulburr