Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tutorial Requests
Does anyone have any interest in writing an ffi tutorial?

I've been interested in messing around with it, so if none of ya'll are knowledgeable in the subject and willing to write something up, I could cobble something together as I figure it out.
what is ffi? did you mean fft?
Foreign Function Interface. How to call functions in python, that were written in another language. Perhaps through a library (.so, .dll).
like Ruby ffi, thanks didn't know
Learning python could be difficult at first. Everything topics are separated tutorials. You should get a complete python course like ***** This will help you on step-by-step understanding of pyhton programming.
Quote:Foreign Function Interface. How to call functions in python, that were written in another language. Perhaps through a library (.so, .dll).

It seems like it is something most of us are interested in, and at same time don't know how it is called. I would appreciate a tutorial too!
I would like a small rundown of anaconda. I dont use it and a lot of people ask about it having trouble. But most of the time they just want to get it working, and they are satisfied by just installing python and pip installing to it instead.
Recommended Tutorials:
I can make tutorial about Anaconda,as i already have several post about like here.
I will also mention other ways to run Python like other distributions and cloud/online stuff.
(Dec-08-2016, 07:32 PM)PaulMorrey Wrote: Complete newbie - would like to see some very basic tutorials please or if anyone knows of any links etc would be grateful
Thanks paul

There's Code Academy which starts very basic, though they're still using version 2.x if that's not a problem.
https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-python
(Oct-25-2017, 09:18 PM)phread Wrote: There's Code Academy which starts very basic, though they're still using version 2.x if that's not a problem.

I don't agree with promoting sites that are stuck in the past. Python 3 has been out several years now and Python 2 is strictly a maintenance version to be discontinued in 2020. If Code Academy wants to promote itself as a site where one can learn Python, they have had ample time to update their course.  We encourage new learners to use the latest release. There are ample books and online coarse's available now, including Pythons own Tutorial , that focus on Python 3.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition