Python Forum
TypeError: 'Table' object is not callable
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, I've been trying to make a GUI interface which is updatable and connected to SQLite however I'm receiving the following error:

It may be a stupid error but I'm below even a novice with this kinda stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated to get the program working again! :)

from msilib.schema import ListBox
from tkinter import *
from matplotlib.pyplot import grid

# Create Window Object
window = Tk()
# Define table contents (each row/column)
l1 = Label(window, text="Name")
l1.grid(row=0, column=0)

l1 = Label(window, text="Monthly Income")
l1.grid(row=1, column=0)

l1 = Label(window, text="Monthly Budget")
l1.grid(row=2, column=0)

l1 = Label(window, text="Monthly Expenses")
l1.grid(row=3, column=0)

# Define Entries
name_text = StringVar()
e1 = Entry(window, textvariable=name_text)
e1.grid(row=0, column=1)

Monthly_Income_text = StringVar()
e2 = Entry(window, textvariable=Monthly_Income_text)
e2.grid(row=0, column=2)

Monthly_Budget = StringVar()
e3 = Entry(window, textvariable=Monthly_Budget)
e3.grid(row=0, column=3)

Monthly_Expenses = StringVar()
e4 = Entry(window, textvariable=Monthly_Expenses)
e4.grid(row=0, column=4)

# Define ListBox
list1 = ListBox(window, height=35, width=35)
list1.grid(row=2, column=0, columnspan=2)

# Attach scrollbar to the list
sb1 = Scrollbar(window)
sb1.grid(row=2, column=2, rowspan=6)

list1.configure(yscrollcommand=sb1.set)
sb1.configure(command=list1.yview)

# Define buttons
b1 = Button(window, text="View All", width=12)
b1 = grid(row=2, column=3)

b1 = Button(window, text="Search Entry", width=12)
b1 = grid(row=3, column=3)

b1 = Button(window, text="Add Entry", width=12)
b1 = grid(row=4, column=3)

b1 = Button(window, text="Update Selected", width=12)
b1 = grid(row=5, column=3)

b1 = Button(window, text="Delete Selected", width=12)
b1 = grid(row=6, column=3)

b1 = Button(window, text="Close", width=12)
b1 = grid(row=7, column=3)

window.mainloop()
Please, post full traceback in error tags
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Here is the full traceback error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Users/name/Desktop/python", line 38, in <module>
list1 = ListBox(window, height=35, width=35)

This is about all PyCharm shows me, like I said I'm incredibly new to Python and programming in general so if anything else is needed please let me know.
I am on linux and cannot check what is in msilib.schema (which is Windows specific). But in any case you don't need to import ListBox from msilib.schema.

You need a tkinter.Listbox widget. So just remove the first import and fix ListBox to Listbox.
Ignore that example is with Capital T - that is python2.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Umm, so I did what you said and it doesn't show any running errors for the list however the traceback error has just imploded, cause its saying line 261 etc for some things I'm assuming its a plugin error? Also should the tkinter.Listbox widget not be loading into my program as the 'from tkinter import *' should automatically use all installed versions? (I did also install all of the tkinter addons available to PyCharm)

"C:\Users\jumbu\Desktop\CT4021 Introduction to Programming Fundamentals Assignment 001\venv\Scripts\python.exe" "C:/Users/jumbu/Desktop/python/test.py"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Users/jumbu/Desktop/python/test.py", line 49, in <module>
b1 = grid(row=2, column=3)
File "C:\Users\jumbu\Desktop\python\venv\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\pyplot.py", line 2601, in grid
return gca().grid(b=b, which=which, axis=axis, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\jumbu\Desktop\python\venv\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\axes\_base.py", line 2785, in grid
self.xaxis.grid(b, which=which, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\jumbu\Desktop\python\venv\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\axis.py", line 1477, in grid
**gridkw)
File "C:\Users\jumbu\Desktop\python\venv\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\axis.py", line 874, in set_tick_params
kwtrans = self._translate_tick_kw(kw)
File "C:\Users\jumbu\Desktop\python\venv\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\axis.py", line 941, in _translate_tick_kw
% (key, kwkeys))
ValueError: keyword grid_row is not recognized; valid keywords are ['size', 'width', 'color', 'tickdir', 'pad', 'labelsize', 'labelcolor', 'zorder', 'gridOn', 'tick1On', 'tick2On', 'label1On', 'label2On', 'length', 'direction', 'left', 'bottom', 'right', 'top', 'labelleft', 'labelbottom', 'labelright', 'labeltop', 'labelrotation', 'grid_agg_filter', 'grid_alpha', 'grid_animated', 'grid_antialiased', 'grid_clip_box', 'grid_clip_on', 'grid_clip_path', 'grid_color', 'grid_contains', 'grid_dash_capstyle', 'grid_dash_joinstyle', 'grid_dashes', 'grid_drawstyle', 'grid_figure', 'grid_fillstyle', 'grid_gid', 'grid_in_layout', 'grid_label', 'grid_linestyle', 'grid_linewidth', 'grid_marker', 'grid_markeredgecolor', 'grid_markeredgewidth', 'grid_markerfacecolor', 'grid_markerfacecoloralt', 'grid_markersize', 'grid_markevery', 'grid_path_effects', 'grid_picker', 'grid_pickradius', 'grid_rasterized', 'grid_sketch_params', 'grid_snap', 'grid_solid_capstyle', 'grid_solid_joinstyle', 'grid_transform', 'grid_url', 'grid_visible', 'grid_xdata', 'grid_ydata', 'grid_zorder', 'grid_aa', 'grid_c', 'grid_ds', 'grid_ls', 'grid_lw', 'grid_mec', 'grid_mew', 'grid_mfc', 'grid_mfcalt', 'grid_ms']

Process finished with exit code 1
I didn't pay attention to your third import. remove the from matplotlib.pyplot import grid - that's not needed
you want tkinter grid manager

why do you make these strange imports?
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

And please use error tags, when post traceback
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Please explain error tags, would you mean
Error:
for the forum? Also the weird imports are from PyCharm, I've been using the little light bulb which gives me options such as formatting and different function names etc which is very useful (unfortunately less so with the Listbox vs listbox) and one of the options is 'create import' so it was probably from that, I'll give the tkinter grid manager an install now

Also thanks a lot for the help you've been an incredible help

Ignore the first question, I thought it might've been that code and I just realised theres a button for it... lord have mercy lol
PyCharm IDE suggest code completion, but it doesn't know what you want to do. It's up to you (the programmer) to use the suggestion or not.
Also its better if you not use from tkinter import *, but instead something like import tkinter as tk
then use tk as alias and your code would look like
window = tk.Tk()
i.e. you would fuly reference what object you want to use. In this case when you type tk. and PyCharm would suggest more appropriate code completion

Yes, that's error tags
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

This'll be the last time I annoy you, following the link you sent me; I've used the same format as the link you've shown however it's saying in the error log 'grid' is not defined. I've checked the Interpreter for the tkinter grid manager addon as well but I can't find anything.
Error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:/Users/jumbu/Desktop/python/test.py", line 49, in <module> b1 = grid(row=2, column=3) NameError: name 'grid' is not defined