Python Forum
Unable to install packages
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to install packages
Hi, I am pretty new to Python.

Installed default Python from Python.org since I cannot install other IDE in my office laptop. Installation is successful but when I tried to install any package getting error message. Not sure if it is due to any firewall or network restriction. But R via RSTUDIO is working fine.

SO if this is network related and if I am going to network team they will ask which port we need to unlock and from which link the package is going to get installed in the laptop. But I don't have any idea. can you please help..

Output:
C:\Users\kumarv3\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Scripts>pip3 install pandas Collecting pandas Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x000001085271CA90>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it')': /simple/pandas/ Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0000010852710F28>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it')': /simple/pandas/ Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0000010852710F98>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it')': /simple/pandas/ Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0000010852710DD8>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it')': /simple/pandas/ Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x0000010852710080>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it')': /simple/pandas/ Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pandas (from versions: ) No matching distribution found for pandas
The error messages show connection error, so it's either internet connection not established, or firewall is stopping connection.
if you are able to download files, you can download a wheel here: https://pypi.org/project/pandas/#files
and then run pip3 wheelname
(Jun-29-2019, 12:49 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: The error messages show connection error, so it's either internet connection not established, or firewall is stopping connection.
if you are able to download files, you can download a wheel here: https://pypi.org/project/pandas/#files
and then run pip3 wheelname

Yes its like some firewall block. DO you know which port we need to unblock. Also I have tried downloading the whl file but don't know how to install the same.
Using proxy is a common way to get around office firewall block.
pip install --proxy=http://yourproxy:yourport package_name
(Jul-01-2019, 12:05 PM)vtechzbi Wrote: Also I have tried downloading the whl file but don't know how to install the same.
pip install pandas-0.24.2-cp37-cp37m-win_amd64.whl
This file will install pandas for Python 3.7(cp37) and Python version(64-bit).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to Install Python sniderkeith 5 3,604 Dec-24-2018, 09:11 AM
Last Post: buran
  Unable to install Python 2.7.15 mikemonagle 1 2,639 Nov-26-2018, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Larz60+