Python Forum
Uploaded new module prasticus on pypi
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uploaded new module prasticus on pypi
I uploaded a new module on pypi today, named prasticus. I'd be glad if some of you want to download it! The problem is that it currently does almost nothing Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin and there is little documentation. It has currently two parts
  • The package prasticus.configure is a configuration system that I intend to use for my python modules and programs. You can use it for yours too if you want. As of today, there is a basic documentation (in french but I promise I will translate it soon) for this package here. The main concept is that configuration files can be stored anywhere in the file system and that the configuration is a sequence of configuration items, typically python dictionaries. I'm not trying to convince the world that this is the correct way to handle configuration, only to develop a way to do it that will ease the job for me and perhaps for others.
  • The package prasticus.catchall is a simple container for plugins. I'm using it to install my own modules independently from pip. Again the idea is that plugins can be stored anywhere in the file system and still be accessible through this python module. It is almost empty and currently undocumented Big Grin but that will change soon. It is in fact this package that led me to write prasticus. I wanted a simpler way to manage my own projects.

If you have any questions or remarks about this module, please feel free to discuss them in this thread. I'll be glad to answer these questions and give details about the package.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FlexDict - My First Python Module is on PyPI! BerkayOzturk 1 2,043 Nov-12-2019, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Clunk_Head