Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a Proxy Server
(Jan-07-2021, 11:37 AM)mikekane Wrote: No way proxies are just meant for hiding the IP address and only on browser means the rest of the applications running on your system will expose your IP address. VPN provides encryption and secures your whole system. Another one is TOR that provides a max level of privacy. For more details read here
https://www.purevpn.com/blog/tor-vpn-proxy/

I don't use proxies. I'm actually a VPN user. Would tell me which is a better option proxy or VPN?
(Feb-10-2021, 10:44 AM)KaithlynMoore Wrote:
(Jan-07-2021, 11:37 AM)mikekane Wrote: No way proxies are just meant for hiding the IP address and only on browser means the rest of the applications running on your system will expose your IP address. VPN provides encryption and secures your whole system. Another one is TOR that provides a max level of privacy. For more details read here
https://www.purevpn.com/blog/tor-vpn-proxy/

I don't use proxies. I'm actually a VPN user. Would tell me which is a better option proxy or VPN?

Right, because a proxy provides a gateway, making it suitable for simple tasks such as anonymous online browsing and handling or bypassing content limitations.
Like some kind of proxy server, VPN networks encrypt & protect all of the network traffic, don't even simply HTTP or SOCKS calls from your browser.
The most significant reason to use a VPN rather than a proxy is the entire encryption provided by the VPN server for all transmission. A VPN is much safer than a proxy that costs the same amount. Vpn services run their private infrastructure, so users access them using their IP addresses. The best VPN companies promise a logless policy, which means companies don't even have any info about internet activities to share with anyone.
buran write Dec-04-2023, 07:00 PM:
Spam link removed
The issue might be with the proxy server you're using. I've had a similar experience where my script wasn't connecting through a proxy, and it turned out that the proxy server itself was the problem. Sometimes, brokers can be unreliable or not configured correctly for specific connections. What worked for me was switching to a different proxy service. I started using an anonymous proxy from proxys.io, which made a significant difference. Their proxies were more reliable and better suited for my scripting needs. Try a different proxy server to see if that resolves your connection issue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proxy Variable in Selenium wont work with FireFox Profile Proxy Setting. MIPython 0 8,491 Jul-13-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: MIPython