Python Forum
Poll: What to do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep similar threads as is
85.71%
6 85.71%
Remove similar threads
0%
0 0%
Keep similar threads but restrict it to user groups with less than 50 posts
14.29%
1 14.29%
no opinion
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
View related threads
As im looking through the options ive changed for the changelog thread to update, i see an option that i think would be useful...but what does everyone else think

An example is this thread
http://python-forum.io/Thread-Python-can...nda#bottom

shows related threads at the bottom of the thread. My thought this would be helpful for new users searching the forums, etc. More regular users would ignore it. I could find that template and make a template change to only show it to register and newer user groups if people find it annoying.

The strictness of how related the thread is can be adjusted. From 0-10 where 0 is very loose, and 10 is very strict, it currently is set to 5 (the recommended number).
Recommended Tutorials:
I was gonna say no, just cause I don't want more clutter; but actually it doesn't look too bad.
If the results it gives are actually good I would say use it, but that is the question.
I could increase the strictness for more accurate hits, and decrease the number of threads shown. Currently it is maxed at 10 threads. But its showing less due to the strictness.
Recommended Tutorials:
I'm assuming it sorts the threads by relevance, so the better hits are at the top. In that case, the strictness seems fine as it is, but I would like some time to see it action.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures