Python Forum
We all need Mentorship. . .
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We all need Mentorship. . .
Hello All,

I am creating this thread to see if there is anyone on the forums that dibble in mentorship for individuals training to learn Python.

I am self-taught and I feel like I have a good grasp of the basics, but I am really struggling with putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

If anyone knows of mentors or a way I can connect all of the dots, please let me know. I would GREATLY appreciate any help.

Thanks!
Usually a mentor means 1-1 relationship. This forum isn't really oriented that way. You're welcome to ask questions, and the community will answer, rather than you relying on one individual.
Hi Micseydel,

Thank you. Ya I figured as much. I was just so frustrated I didn't know what else to do so I went with the first idea that came to mind.

I have sense found a book (one more to the collection) that I think will take me to the level I want to be.

I will 100% be posting a lot more and asking questions. This is my last hope and final plan. I am all in . . .
The frustration of putting the pieces together is a normal thing when you don't have a context (that is what I assume). One mentor of mine suggested that a bunch of questions to ask myself when in search of bigger picture or search for a solution is a very good helper when lacking mentorship. When you have a development context is a bit easier because your context data is narrowing down the solution possibilities. Otherwise you can simply "simulate" bunch of possible contexts for your specific thing and (I recommend) choosing the simplest one.