Bottom Page

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Web Scraping and data collection.
Hi Guys,

I have a small business in the UK and i need to get in contact with new business premises as soon or before they open.

iv'e been looking into web scraping to scrape social media Facebook,Twitter and other sites like Yell.com

or the leads i need, as you can tell im new to all this so any help would be great is there any programs that anyone would recommend?

the information i will need to scrape is a new business premises and a phone number..

Regards
metulburr wrote Feb-08-2018, 02:07 PM:
Please make new threads in the correct forum. Refer to the Forum Structure for a full overview on what each forum is for.
(Feb-08-2018, 02:03 PM)LordDeanUK Wrote: iv'e been looking into web scraping to scrape social media Facebook,Twitter and other sites like Yell.com
Facebook either needs to use their API or you can use selenium to automate the browser to bypass javascript, etc. It all depends on how public the content is and the process to get it.
Check out our tutorials for the web scraping tutorials.
(Feb-08-2018, 02:10 PM)metulburr Wrote:
(Feb-08-2018, 02:03 PM)LordDeanUK Wrote: iv'e been looking into web scraping to scrape social media Facebook,Twitter and other sites like Yell.com
Facebook either needs to use their API or you can use selenium to automate the browser to bypass javascript, etc. It all depends on how public the content is and the process to get it.
Check out our tutorials for the web scraping tutorials.

I'm thinking what i need to search is New Facebook business pages and keyword twitter searches, there must be a tool out there i can buy as i wont have a clue were to start coding my own script could i pay someone to code this for me on this forum?

Thanks for the fast reply
metulburr wrote Feb-08-2018, 02:44 PM:
(Feb-08-2018, 02:35 PM)LordDeanUK Wrote: could i pay someone to code this for me on this forum?
moved to jobs. Please state you pay rate
(Feb-08-2018, 02:35 PM)LordDeanUK Wrote: could i pay someone to code this for me on this forum?
You can post in our [paid] Jobs section.
There are number of freelance sites where you can hire a freelancer to develop a tailor-made solution for you.
Hi Chris,
Greetings!

Thank you for the response.

Regards,
Norman F.
Hi,
I am a experienced developer and would be able to help you out…
You can reach me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Best Wishes
Andrew
Hello,
i could probably do this for you for free.

Reach out to me: harley@hackforums.net

Top Page

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  error zomato scraping data syxzetenz 3 521 Jun-23-2020, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  Scraping Data issues TrexKikBut 0 682 Jun-02-2020, 05:49 PM
Last Post: TrexKikBut
  POST request with form data issue web scraping hoff1022 0 301 Apr-12-2020, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hoff1022
  Scraping a dynamic data-table in python through AJAX request filozofo 0 230 Mar-18-2020, 01:44 PM
Last Post: filozofo
  Web Scraping, Merging two lists and getting data from various dates? AgileAVS 0 237 Feb-07-2020, 04:05 PM
Last Post: AgileAVS
  Scraping data from ebay seller page yuvalta 3 2,815 Sep-25-2019, 04:22 AM
Last Post: sandramoraes
  Scraping data saving to DB error with Cursor cubangt 3 582 May-20-2019, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Yoriz
  Scraping data from a web page where same class name applied multiple times sumandas89 1 6,807 Dec-30-2017, 11:03 AM
Last Post: buran