Python Forum
What is the Basic Knowledge Required To Understand Python?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the Basic Knowledge Required To Understand Python?
Hello Everyone,

1) What is the Basic Knowledge Required To Understand Python?

2) How do I Learn Python in a month without Computer Science Background?

3) What are some best online resources to learn Python?

4) Can Python Language Certificate Gives a Job?
1. Desire to learn is all that's required
2. You can learn the basics in a month. It takes a lot longer (in any language) to become proficient. You will continue to lern as long as you are coding (52 years for me, still learning).
3.) There are lots of free tutorials (we have many on this forum under 'tutorials').
There are some excellent tutorials available on the web. Two of my favourites are:
How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Interactive Edition
Python 3 tutorial
4.) I don't know who's making money from selling certificates these days. I personally would never hire anyone based on a certificate alone. Usually you will be asked to write some code, based on a hypothetical problem, and be evaluated on what your code looks like. That, and answers to interviewers questions will carry a lot more weight.
(Mar-28-2020, 01:06 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: 1. Desire to learn is all that's required
2. You can learn the basics in a month. It takes a lot longer (in any language) to become proficient. You will continue to lern as long as you are coding (52 years for me, still learning).
3.) There are lots of free tutorials (we have many on this forum under 'tutorials').
There are some excellent tutorials available on the web.
4.) I don't know who's making money from selling certificates these days. I personally would never hire anyone based on a certificate alone. Usually you will be asked to write some code, based on a hypothetical problem, and be evaluated on what your code looks like. That, and answers to interviewers questions will carry a lot more weight.

Thanks for your detailed answers. Yes I have fully desire to learn Python. As you said that you have a lot of experience in Python, still it is in learning. Yes i am agree with this, as new technologies and new updates come, so you have to keep in touch with all latest software and their versions. Thanks to share your favorite tutorials for Python. As for as Python, I am currently working on PHP based website and i want to learn Python Programming Language to code this coupon website in Python.

Do you have knowledge about Udemy. There is 100,000+ High-Quality On-Demand Online Courses on every language like Python.
I find that almost anything that you find on Udemy can be found (or something equally qualified) can be found for free elsewhere.
Hi Larz60+,

You are right, I think Udemy is reliable online learning platform. Have you any experience with Free Udemy courses? If yes than please share it with me.
I have decided to learn Python language. Since in my last thread, I have asked about basic knowledge required to understand Python and got good feedback from Larz60+.

Since Python is an easy, flexible and powerful programming language, which is specially suited for web development, but to become a developer, we must learn several different skills beside Python. I have checked various Python tutorials and different Python courses on Udemy. After that I have find that Python is easy to pick up, but you must stand on your feet before you start to run. Since one of my website is already designed and developed in WordPress platform. Now I am going to work on <URL REMOVED> using Python. Before to start development on this website, I have some questions from you guys.

1) Can I use Python to develop a website <URL REMOVED>?

2) How do you use Python to make website?

3) What are some interesting things to do with Python?
I have decided to learn Python language. Since in my last thread, I have asked about basic knowledge required to understand Python and got good feedback from Larz60+. Just see the details of my thread here as under:

https://python-forum.io/Thread-What-is-t...and-Python

Since Python is an easy, flexible and powerful programming language, which is specially suited for web development, but to become a developer, we must learn several different skills beside Python. I have checked various Python tutorials and different Python courses on Udemy. After that I have find that Python is easy to pick up, but you must stand on your feet before you start to run. Since one of my website is already designed and developed in WordPress platform. Now I am going to work on this website <URL REMOVED> using Python. Before to start development on this domain, I have some questions from you guys.

Can I use Python to develop a website like <URL REMOVED>?

How do you use Python to make website?

What are some interesting things to do with Python?
Did you even do a search of this forum for answers? See, for example my post here.
(Mar-29-2020, 02:49 PM)ndc85430 Wrote: Did you even do a search of this forum for answers? See, for example my post here.

I will see all these web frameworks (Django, Flask and Bottle. Since you have said that you have to learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript to build web pages. As my website is in WordPress. It is very easy, do not need too much technical knowledge. For Python, I have to start learning much more.
I thought WordPress was PHP.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Knowledge on Python script's dependencies almahdi 1 1,213 Jun-02-2022, 02:28 AM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Looking for a book to deepen my Python knowledge. SpongeB0B 2 2,494 Jun-25-2020, 03:06 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  What basic maths is required to understand deep learning? Kai 1 2,156 Apr-12-2020, 04:25 AM
Last Post: Larz60+