Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What use is python?
Absolutely nobody in the professional industry uses it, so the only time you'll use it yourself is if you're making your own program. And playing around with it myself, I've only grown to detest this worthless programming language more and more. And this board certainly does nothing to help its case.

I'm sick of using all these 'blackbox' functions that you have no way to knowing how they work. Documentation means NOTHING. I want to know THE CODE behind these. How does the formulas work? Why do certain things happen if you enter in specific parameters that don't happen otherwise? Its more like I'm trying to use some cheap game development program like rpg maker or something rather than actually coding my own programs. I don't even understand how my own code works!

For a recent example, I decided to see if I could create a variant of my snake clone that plays itself. But for some reason, it constantly does thing that I EXPLICATELY TELL IT NOT TO DO, and in fact it IGNORES HALF OF MY COMMANDS, and I have no idea why. I've followed the loop, and its not hat complicated, so it shouldn't be generating the results it is, but no matter what I do nothing fixes it. If anything, I've found entering in certain things will cause it to immediately jump to my 'loss' screen, even though there's absolutely no way that should be able to trigger. The only condition for that is is the coordinates for the snake's head also in the array I use to store the coordinates for the snake's tail, but if I enter in certain things that have NOTHING to do with that, beginning a game will immediately open the loss screen, even though it should be impossible for that to occur when the tail array is empty, for obvious reasons.

Its painfully obvious that there's some kind of complicated code behind every single function in this stupid library, and I have no way to seeing it myself to figure out how these things truly work. All I can pull up are vague descriptions which tell you NOTHING useful. I want to see the freaking source code of everything. I want to see the formulas I'm using when I'm generating wave patterns. All I get from worthless scipy is 'this generates a sine wave'. How??? How does it do it??? What's its equation??? Why does the pitch and volume change if I change the length??? Why why why???? What is actually happening when I change the length of a wave??? Nothing tells me anything! Nothing tells ANYTHING about ANYTHING.

All I've learned from this worthless language is why nobody in the professional industry ever uses it. So tell me, what use could anyone possibly get out of this? And no, I'm not entirely self-taught. I actually have a certificate in this language, and honestly I'm regretting getting it.

User has been warned for this post. Reason: Trolling
(Oct-12-2019, 06:07 PM)xBlackHeartx Wrote: Absolutely nobody in the professional industry uses it, so the only time you'll use it yourself is if you're making your own program. And playing around with it myself, I've only grown to detest this worthless programming language more and more. And this board certainly does nothing to help its case.

(Oct-12-2019, 06:07 PM)xBlackHeartx Wrote: All I've learned from this worthless language is why nobody in the professional industry ever uses it.

Not that your rant deserves a response, but for benefit of other users who may find this thread by chance - before you make such unsubstantiated claims, better look at statistics
http://pypl.github.io/PYPL.html
https://insights.stackoverflow.com/surve...chnologies
https://githut.info/
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Oct-12-2019, 06:07 PM)xBlackHeartx Wrote: Absolutely nobody in the professional industry uses it

This statement is so utterly and completely false that it is outright laughable.

(Oct-12-2019, 06:07 PM)xBlackHeartx Wrote: I've only grown to detest this worthless programming language more and more

Then stop using it and leave.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
Any company that seriously makes its own software uses proprietary languages, not python, not c++, not java, nothing we're allowed to even know exists.

And what else is there to use???? I know c++ and java, but I can't find ANY mention anywhere on to do so much as draw a pixel on a screen. Python is the only language civilians are allowed to use that allows you make anything more advanced than a command-line-based program. There is simply no alternative, and this worthless language IS A SCAM TO EXPLOIT THAT.
This has gone off the edge of reality. I'm locking this thread. Don't start this up again.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
This is not your first rant. So I'm warning you now, if you ever post such content again, I am perma banning you. Other language forums will also not tolerate this. Learn to get a handle on how you speak, or do not post here again.
Recommended Tutorials: