Python Forum
When can we see good built-in libraries for mobile & gaming development
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When can we see good built-in libraries for mobile & gaming development
Hi Guys!

Today, I joined this forum. However, I've been using Python for the last 8 years. I'm not sure whether this topic is already addressed by someone earlier here or not. You can excuse me if that is the case & pardon my ignorance.

The use of Python has changed significantly over a period of time. Python has stepped into a vast amount of areas compared to its earlier days. Starting from the data pipeline to API/Microservice to Data Science projects. It has improved the GUI as well. However, I haven't seen any native python library, which can bring some stunning responsive GUI & a way to create mobile applications without using any specific external libraries. I know some brilliant projects like Kivy, Briefcase, PyQt5 & they are trying to create a platform where using native Python, one can develop native mobile apps. I would like to know whether there is any plan for Python to introduce such libraries & open a completely new door for all the developers & potentially introduce game-changing features as part of an upcoming release. A language won't survive until it evolves & it diversifies by itself. To date, Python has able to manage that. However, one shouldn't stop.

Considering the current trend & a potential opportunity for a huge platform, this gap needs to be addressed immediately. Otherwise, it might lose the battle, which many of us don't want to see.

Let me know your thought on the same.

Regards.

Satyaki.
I dont know of any reason to put a gaming library built into python when you can install numerous 3rd party libraries. Python is used for so many things now, that everyone would like to see their 3rd party library apart of the standard library. And that is just not going to happen. That is the point of 3rd party libraries....to modify python to what you need. And everyone's needs are different.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Oct-14-2020, 09:03 PM)metulburr Wrote: I don't know of any reason to put a gaming library built into python when you can install numerous 3rd party libraries. Python is used for so many things now that everyone would like to see their 3rd party library apart from the standard library. And that is just not going to happen. That is the point of 3rd party libraries....to modify python to what you need. And everyone's needs are different.

What about mobile development. If Python doesn't address it now, it might lose the battle - I'm afraid. Why Python should not have some dedicated mobile app development library?
I you are ready to spend about an hour then I suggest to watch Raymond Hettingers Being a Core Ceveloper in Python

If you don't have time then one thing to know: 'Every year Guido doubles our $0 salary'. Python is free and is developed by people for free on their own spare time.
Larz60+ likes this post
I'm not 'in'-sane. Indeed, I am so far 'out' of sane that you appear a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity. Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy

Da Bishop: There's a dead bishop on the landing. I don't know who keeps bringing them in here. ....but society is to blame.
(Oct-15-2020, 02:23 AM)SatyakiDe Wrote:
(Oct-14-2020, 09:03 PM)metulburr Wrote: I don't know of any reason to put a gaming library built into python when you can install numerous 3rd party libraries. Python is used for so many things now that everyone would like to see their 3rd party library apart from the standard library. And that is just not going to happen. That is the point of 3rd party libraries....to modify python to what you need. And everyone's needs are different.

What about mobile development. If Python doesn't address it now, it might lose the battle - I'm afraid. Why Python should not have some dedicated mobile app development library?

Let me look into this.
i agree.

i came to this position wishing Python had been the web client language, or at least one of them. yeah, there is brython. but, that's not the same as having small code to load since the brython engine has to be loaded each time.

but mobile is not download intensive. even if an engine is included in each app, it's not a download issue. maybe a storage one. but if many people start seeing that, there will be a plain engine app available and we just need make others apps with version for an engine app or with the engine builtin.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
(Oct-15-2020, 07:29 PM)Skaperen Wrote: i agree.

i came to this position wishing Python had been the web client language, or at least one of them. yeah, there is brython. but, that's not the same as having small code to load since the brython engine has to be loaded each time.

but mobile is not download intensive. even if an engine is included in each app, it's not a download issue. maybe a storage one. but if many people start seeing that, there will be a plain engine app available and we just need make others apps with version for an engine app or with the engine builtin.

I second you. See, one of the key reasons for any language's survival is to evolve itself. No one thought that one day Java will take the 2nd place even when they have diversified. C++ - a great language. But, it's span restricted significantly. So, why not create some good libraries for platform-independent native mobile applications in Python? My point is that nowadays lots of brilliant developers are simply losing their opportunity to create something unique using their knowledge. I love to work in C, so as C#. But, when we're talking about bringing a language & loved by a majority of the developers, Python will be always standing in front of all of them. Now, they need this tool to further extend their ability. We should think about that as well.

Regards.

Satyaki.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Python to build desktop and mobile apps tneilson08 4 2,824 Apr-04-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Thadectives
  Python built-ins: when and why should I use them? DrProfessor85 4 2,441 Sep-01-2019, 02:35 AM
Last Post: DrProfessor85
  Valve forks WINE for a focus on gaming nilamo 1 2,404 Aug-22-2018, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Larz60+