Where are the girls?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the girls?
Any pywomen here? 
I am sure that Python fits on any lady.  :cool:
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
The neat thing about the Internet, is that nobody knows I'm a dog.
(Oct-08-2016, 02:22 PM)wavic Wrote: Where are the girls?

Open the door, look outside. :angel:
Perhaps put off by certain cultural values.
(Oct-08-2016, 04:26 PM)micseydel Wrote: Perhaps put off by certain cultural values.

what about females?

(Oct-08-2016, 03:06 PM)nilamo Wrote: The neat thing about the Internet, is that nobody knows I'm a dog.

where are the cats?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Actually, I've used 'women' and 'lady' in my post. If one think that the title is not appropriate change it.

(Oct-11-2016, 04:40 AM)Skaperen Wrote: what about females?
We are humans. Yet. :)
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
(Oct-08-2016, 04:26 PM)micseydel Wrote: Perhaps put off by certain cultural values.

The online computer world is still unfortunately rather aggressive to women, so many of them assume nicknames that are gender-neutral, and English makes it easy to conceal their gender in writing (unlike French...). If it looks like a girl, it's likely some guy in basement :D If it looks like a 60-ish French guy, you don't know... :angel:
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
(Oct-11-2016, 08:06 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: The online computer world is still unfortunately rather aggressive to women, so many of them assume nicknames that are gender-neutral

Yup. I remember when I introduced my sister to Ingress. She's been a professional programmer since 1980. She was taking forever to set up an account, and I'm like, "What's up? Can't get a signal?" And she says, "I'm trying to think of a user name that doesn't sound feminine."
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
(Oct-12-2016, 01:35 AM)ichabod801 Wrote:
(Oct-11-2016, 08:06 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: The online computer world is still unfortunately rather aggressive to women, so many of them assume nicknames that are gender-neutral

Yup. I remember when I introduced my sister to Ingress. She's been a professional programmer since 1980. She was taking forever to set up an account, and I'm like, "What's up? Can't get a signal?" And she says, "I'm trying to think of a user name that doesn't sound feminine."

i was wondering where you got "ichabod801".
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
(Oct-13-2016, 03:47 AM)Skaperen Wrote: i was wondering where you got "ichabod801".
http://www.python-forum.org/viewtopic.ph...834#p27834
Recommended Tutorials: