Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ErrorName: Window size
So @heiner55 was right about the book in post#3.
In the begining of chapter3 (p53) they introduce PythonG:

Quote:The PythonG programming environment is a program written in Python useful for writing your Python programs. Find the PythonG program in http://marmota.act.uji.es/MTP. Once you have installed it, run the program pythong.py. On screen appear to a window like the one shown in the figure 3.1. You can enter expressions in the interactive environment of PythonG, just as we did when executing the interpreter python from a terminal.
You need to run the above snippet in this PythonG IDE and it is pretty clear from figure 4.4.
I must say I really hate when tutors do so - teaching using some obscure, very specific tools. This way they just introduce extra confusion, like in this case. I'm purist in this respect.
In addition it is teaching Python2.3 - i.e. this book is very very outdated. I strongly advise you to find other teaching materials that teach python3 (latest release is 3.6.3).
(Nov-30-2017, 07:24 AM)buran Wrote: So @heiner55 was right about the book in post#3.
In the begining of chapter3 (p53) they introduce PythonG:

Quote:The PythonG programming environment is a program written in Python useful for writing your Python programs. Find the PythonG program in http://marmota.act.uji.es/MTP. Once you have installed it, run the program pythong.py. On screen appear to a window like the one shown in the figure 3.1. You can enter expressions in the interactive environment of PythonG, just as we did when executing the interpreter python from a terminal.
You need to run the above snippet in this PythonG IDE and it is pretty clear from figure 4.4.
I must say I really hate when tutors do so - teaching using some obscure, very specific tools. This way they just introduce extra confusion, like in this case. I'm purist in this respect.
In addition it is teaching Python2.3 - i.e. this book is very very outdated. I strongly advise you to find other teaching materials that teach python3 (latest release is 3.6.3).

Thank you very much for your help, I already look for de program pythonG and I noticed that is as you say outdated. I would like to say that I skip the part of the explanation of pythonG. Well it was my mistake.
Talking about the outdated file, do you have any other book that you recomend me. I am learning python because I'm programming some electronic devices using python.