Python Forum
Wondering about possiblities with Python
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wondering about possiblities with Python
Hey folks,

New here and to Python and I'm just wondering about some possiblities.

I like to learn by doing and am looking to start working on an application. I usually can research well for problems using google as long as I have the questions and they are not too broad. For now my wonderings are broad. I'm hoping someone can point me in a direction so I can focus on it. Also hope this is the right section for general questions...

Can I do this with Python?

I want to create an application which is time related, where points in time are recorded and then at the end of the given ammount of time data is outputed with that information.
An example: I have a video which is of a 1000 meters race. I start my appliction at the beginning of the race. As each runner crosses the finish line I hit a key/mouse click. When the last runner crosses the line I stop the application. Can I then have data which has these points plotted in time in it?
(Mar-31-2018, 11:07 PM)Lawnmower Wrote: As each runner crosses the finish line I hit a key/mouse click. When the last runner crosses the line I stop the application. Can I then have data which has these points plotted in time in it?
In the simplest version, you can use the input() function and the keyboard's enter key to register the beginning of the race and the runners' arrivals. Look into matplotlib's gallery to find the plot you want to do. All this is doable in a few lines of python.
(Apr-01-2018, 05:40 AM)Gribouillis Wrote:
(Mar-31-2018, 11:07 PM)Lawnmower Wrote: As each runner crosses the finish line I hit a key/mouse click. When the last runner crosses the line I stop the application. Can I then have data which has these points plotted in time in it?
In the simplest version, you can use the input() function and the keyboard's enter key to register the beginning of the race and the runners' arrivals. Look into matplotlib's gallery to find the plot you want to do. All this is doable in a few lines of python.

Thanks a lot Gribouillis and sorry for my delay in responce. This is the direction I was looking for. Thank you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  renaming the file in a suitable format, I just wondering if it is possible go127a 11 5,028 Jun-26-2019, 06:15 AM
Last Post: snippsat