Python Forum
Would it be useful to have a forum for problems not related to code?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would it be useful to have a forum for problems not related to code?
Would it be useful to have a forum for problems not related to code? For instance:
  • Python installation
  • Python execution (calling from command line or from file explorer)
  • Module installation (pip et al.)
  • IDEs, editors and debugger
  • py2exe and such like
Just asking :)
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
the problem you have with detailing forums too much is people start posting in incorrect forums. I guarantee people will put (module installation, IDE, python install, etc.) questions in gen coding, while they ask questions that should be in gen coding in this supposed new forum. The way we have it now there actually has been very little incorrect forum posts from new users. 

If people wanted to search the forums for specific topics, they have numerous options for that. 

However, i knew was the intent a few years ago. A lot has changed since then....and we have the ability to create more mods to correct improper forum posts or add plugins to aid us, etc.
Recommended Tutorials:
I think we certainly get enough questions to fill such a forum. And  a forum provides not just a place for people to ask those questions, but a place where people with the know how in those areas to find the questions where they can put that knowledge to use.

And I love the way you argue against yourself, metulburr. I imagine you having a sock puppet account just so you can vote twice in every poll.  Smile
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
(Feb-20-2017, 02:24 AM)ichabod801 Wrote: And I love the way you argue against yourself, metulburr. 
LOL LOL LOL
I try to see the pros and cons of every situation. Whether I agree with it or not. The problem with that is i never can make up my mind on anything because of it.

I could literally sit there and argue with myself back and forth about a subject. Leaning one way, then another. 

Quote:I imagine you having a sock puppet account just so you can vote twice in every poll.  
Im exposed!!!! I guess i will have to close my hidden accounts
Shh
Recommended Tutorials:
I personally feel we are good with what we got; but no strong opposition if others feel otherwise.
I'm neutral. If the admins can deal with the extra work, I'd say it's their call.
in News and Discussions is discussions for everything else related to python and the bar is for non-python stuff. the main thing we don't have a place for is spam.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum server problems snippsat 0 2,496 May-11-2020, 12:34 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  Does the forum need a forum category ? Yoriz 4 6,293 Sep-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Kebap