Python Forum
Python can't find module installed in anaconda
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Python can't find module installed in anaconda
(Nov-07-2016, 02:49 PM)Blue Dog Wrote: Python as a long way to go be for it is user friendly, when is comes to install.
If you think python is bad try to link multiple libraries with c++, or using make files.

On my windows i have numerous python versions installed. I always have a 2.x version and a 3.x version to at least check if my programs run in both versions. But most of them are because i never removed them and installed the next minor updated one such as below. But each of them are independent python installs with their own separate pip and 3rd party libs installed. This is optional, but i usually change the exe name to the version such as python.exe -> python27.exe and append each to the PATH. 

C:\Python27
C:\Python33
C:\Python34
C:\Python35-32

Quote:so reinstalled the operating system
You dont need to reinstall the OS just to remove anaconda or python versions. You can just run the uninstallers from control panel to remove them.

EDIT:
I just saw this
Quote:.bashrc
so are you running in linux? 

Package managers make it uber simple for a 3rd party install for the most used libraries.  
for example the ubuntu repos has this 
Quote:
metulburr@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-cache search python-couch
python-couchdb - library for working with Apache CouchDB
python-couchdbkit - Trying to improve couchdb experience in Python
and to install it would be with ubuntus package manager 
sudo apt-get install python-couchdb
If the library is not in the repos, you can just download the library 
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/CouchDB
and run the setup script
python3 setup.py install
where python3 is how you inoke your python3 interpreter.

For example:
Recommended Tutorials:
Hmm! I have not experience with zipped Windows + Python but as I read for months here and at the old forum .... I feel like that  Cry
Not for me. I don't touch windows more than once per year. After all, If one want just to learn Python but uses Windows, put some Linux on stick, install Anaconda, boot from the usb and you are ready. I didn't try such an approach but I think it will work. I have 128GB microCd somewhere around. Can try it
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
Similar problem here, I believe. Brand new to programming and python, so forgive me if this is a simple fix or is covered elsewhere.

Ive installed and used anaconda 3 to code in jupyter notebooks the way my class showed, but now a different class is using idle. When trying to pip install pyperclip in the terminal, I get the following:

Requirement already satisfied: pyperclip in /anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages (1.7.0)

What do I need to do to be able to use pyperclip in idle?

MacOS 10.14.3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Python Launcher (on Windows) only necessary when 2 or more Python versions installed? pstein 1 317 Feb-17-2024, 12:43 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Anaconda 2.4.2: The JupyterLab 3.5.3 fails to run the python code of the Geographical jamalnuman 0 331 Aug-23-2023, 07:48 AM
Last Post: jamalnuman
  can not import anaconda pandas module. PySpark pandas module is imported!! aupres 0 716 Aug-06-2023, 01:09 AM
Last Post: aupres
  Pip lists the module but python does not find it Dato 2 1,277 Apr-13-2023, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Dato
  ModuleNotFound but pip shows module installed biscotty666 2 1,549 Jul-14-2022, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Axel_Erfurt
  Installed versions of Python SamHobbs 5 2,507 Sep-02-2021, 02:28 PM
Last Post: jefsummers
  No module named 'pysolar' - even tough pysolar is installed - What am I doing wrong? Jghurt 5 4,210 May-08-2021, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Jghurt
  unable to find module in su mode? korenron 2 1,918 Jan-10-2021, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Gribouillis
  I seem to have two versions of python 3.7.9 installed miner_tom 7 4,436 Nov-22-2020, 06:42 PM
Last Post: miner_tom
  Cannot find module 'torch' ErnestTBass 6 3,618 Oct-13-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: ErnestTBass