Python Forum
a class to memory map a disk
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a class to memory map a disk
i have fuzzy memory of a class that would let me expose each sector of a disk. what i want to do is write a program to update selected bytes of a drive's partition table. it would let you get sectors in the form of a bytearray. then if the bytearray was modified, it would write it back to disk. it would be nice work with whole sectors. if not, i might have to do this in C.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
You won't get me to use it.
I have written disk access programs by cylinder, sector, etc. and was weary of my own code.
It took a long time for gparted to be accepted.
was gparted written in Python? or are you saying that people are generally weary of things that reach down to bare metal? should i quit listening to nordic dark metal music?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Gparted is written in C++. You could perhaps translate it to python as a proof of pythonic mastership and virtuosity.
Quote:was gparted written in Python? or are you saying that people are generally weary of things that reach down to bare metal? should i quit listening to nordic dark metal music
Not saying I wouldn't accept it, but only after it had been around for a long time without bugs.

Can't advise on nordic dark metal music, but I wouldn't listen to that either.