Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a project idea
maybe a subforum to post project ideas could have a bunch of ideas that might be inspiring to others, or worse.

i am not a GUI programmer :( so when i thought of this, that is about the limit of what i could do with it. for all i know this might already exist and be obvious to real GUI programmers :blush:

a generic JS program to run in some browser and be a front end to python scripts to create nice user interfaces. about the only things i could think about related to this are: 1: the protocol should be layered on JSON, and 2: can the JS <-> python communication be done with TLS.

i'd rather they had made python be the browser/client side language :dodgy:

well this is close.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Sounds more like a Javascript project than a Python project.
Quote:a generic JS program to run in some browser and be a front end to python scripts to create nice user interfaces. about the only things i could think about related to this are: 1: the protocol should be layered on JSON, and 2: can the JS <-> python communication be done with TLS.
Sound likes web-development with use of Ajax to talk to a with a Python function.
All transfer is JSON as i give tutorial of here.
The use of browser as front-end app have almost replace all i did with GUI before.
Gone make some more tutorial about this.
You are talking about something like Brython?
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
(Oct-05-2016, 05:51 AM)wavic Wrote: You are talking about something like Brython?

not exactly, but that could be very useful. it loaded fast.  what graphics libs can we import/use in that?  what networking can we do?  if we can do those things and hide the python command line, then that opens a lot of possibilities.  i want to use python at the back-end and want something (to exist ... but would develop it if needed) at the front-end to structure GUI apps where the user remains in control of the basics (choosing which app to run/stop, window stack control, etc).

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Here is an import implementation. I didn't see any graphic library
the Gallery tab has a lot of examples. step 1: copy some to my website. step 2: modify them to learn how things are done. i think i will start with the clock and hack the 3d bar chart next (fortunately i scraped the site before it broke).

What about Jupyter? Seems like it can be used in a website but don't know about safety.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a little project idea Skaperen 3 4,483 Oct-20-2016, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Skaperen