Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ad-blocker-blocker
How come i have never heard of this? I was about to ask how to stop this very thing when i came across it.
https://github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer

Works wonders. Im so ecstatic that i dont have to temp disable my adblocker when searching now. Like forbes was a bad one.
Recommended Tutorials:
It works for now. Just wait until they make an anti-adblock-killer-defeater.
then i will just have to install the anti-adblock-killer-defeater-killer
Recommended Tutorials:
(May-02-2017, 07:36 PM)metulburr Wrote: then i will just have to install the anti-adblock-killer-defeater-killer
You've obviously read "Watchbird" by Rober Sheckley Rolleyes
Test everything in a Python shell (iPython, Azure Notebook, etc.)
  • Someone gave you an advice you liked? Test it - maybe the advice was actually bad.
  • Someone gave you an advice you think is bad? Test it before arguing - maybe it was good.
  • You posted a claim that something you did not test works? Be prepared to eat your hat.
(May-02-2017, 04:10 PM)metulburr Wrote: Like forbes was a bad one.
Ironically Forbes actually had an issue fairly recently where people were infected with malware from some of the adbanners they had.
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/201601...-ads.shtml

Honestly if a site demands my adblocker be turned off I'm just leaving (perhaps after an attempt to reload the page and hit escape before it pops up).
I don't use ad blockers any more, but years ago I got kicked off a Chess site for using one. To this day they send me emails trying to get me to log back in. Of course, I had an insurance company do the same sort of thing. They cancelled my policy because I forgot to pay a bill, and then kept sending me ads for their insurance.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
I got a new laptop a few months ago. Less than an hour went by before I had an adblocker plugin. It was such a different internet without one. Every site you look at, there's more ads than there is not-ads. Very disappointing.