Python Forum
how to download from pip when name matches other
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to download from pip when name matches other
i am trying to download (not install) package "odns" using the command "pip3 download odns" but i get the error:
Output:
lt2a/forums /home/forums 179> pip3 download odns Collecting odns Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement odns (from versions: ) No matching distribution found for odns lt2a/forums /home/forums 180> pip3 search odns odns (0.0.1) - DNS tools and libs lt2a/forums /home/forums 181> pip3 search dns|fgrep odns microdns (1.0.0) - Micro DNS odns (0.0.1) - DNS tools and libs octodns (0.9.6) - OctoDNS: DNS as code - Tools for managing DNS across multiple providers lt2a/forums /home/forums 182>
how can i explicitly download (not install) that one package?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Hmm!
Have you tried --python-version option?
I just looked at it in PYPI and can't get it how can download it from the website itself.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
pip install dnspython
i don't want to install it, just download it. and the package name is "odns", not "dnspython".
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.