Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
audio read/write library
does anyone know of a good audio library that could let my code read and write audio files in flac and mp3 (vbr) formats, along with the ability to discover and configure number of channels, number of bits per sample, byte order (where applicable), signedness (where applicable), sample rate, etc.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
pydub
that library is not a read/write library. it's a front-end to running ffmpeg. i need operations/methods like opening a file, setting parameters on output file, reading/writing samples of audio. samples would be a list/tuple of ints, or a list/tuple of those for many samples at once. stuff like that.

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
I have used https://pypi.org/project/pocketsphinx/ may or may not fit your needs.
pocketsphinx is for speech recognition. what i am doing is reading in an audio waveform which is a stream of sample tuples, applying some arithmetic changes, and writing the results back out.

In that case, perhaps https://audiomath.readthedocs.io/en/release/
it refers to "AVbin" which i don't find in pip search. so maybe that's a binary it provides an interface to.

I have no clue, you'll need to investigate.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can and I read and write css files SheeppOSU 2 2,388 May-04-2020, 11:56 PM
Last Post: SheeppOSU