Python Forum
blocking presidential alert
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blocking presidential alert
It's not something that you just get away with. The SIM card can run a simple java code. One literally can tell the phone what to do remotely. If I am an engineer and I know how the system works I easily can turn on the microphone and just listen to what you are talking to your friends in the pub or to your family. I can trigger a call from your phone to anyone without any indication that something is happening. No sounds, no alerts or something on the screen. This is scary. And that is not the OS.

The OS itself is a different story. If you root your phone you will see that the OS keeps records of where you have been the last two months. A list of the cells with which the phone was connected. Records about your calls, messages, emails and so on. Virtually everything you are doing with the device. Usually, you don't have access to thins things and you cannot even see them. This is scary too. If I run a multimillionaire or billionaire business I will not use any mobile phone just for precaution. Why presidents don't have smartphones or if they do the devices are highly modified?

It will not be an issue if all of this were with good intentions but it isn't. There is no average intelligent person who trusts it's government on one hundred. It's not without a reason.

One last word. The GSM encryption is so weak. If you don't use at least 3G for calls or you are using it but your device is in a bad connection and drops from 3G to 2G it's so easy for someone to listen to the conversation. Using tools for 50 bugs. Yes, he/she will not be able to do it in real time but the conversation could be stored on the hard drive and decrypted later.

A significant part of our life is the phone. Considering all I said we don't own our life anymore.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
None of that has happened metulburr. You have no basis for believing that any of that is going to happen, except for the fact that you hate Trump. You are the one spreading propaganda here, metulburr. Not Trump.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
im not the one that forced myself onto every American. Everyone can choose to read this or ignore it. In fact almost every American would not even know about this thread. Not the same for his presidential alert.
Recommended Tutorials:
i didn't get this on my phone. i do have a third-party provider. so i don't know how it was presented. my neighbor did get it on her TV much like we get bad weather warnings on TV. she doesn't have a smartphone. i haven't asked anyone else (nobody i know would care).

if the warning could be scrolled away, then it has to passed to the OS. the firmware layer that controls access to the cellular network, could, in theory, take over the screen and force you to see it. if it does go through the OS, then it should be possible to make code to recognize the alert and discard it.

Trump didn't create this thing. he just happens to be the squatter in the White House right now. the design and setup for this has been going on since the Bush administration. IMHO, this test was a FAIL.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
So I've heard a good reason for them to exist. The current "emergency alerts" are local-only. Before the "presidential alert", we didn't actually have anything in place to warn all Americans of something all at once.

Whether or not that's something we needed, is another question. I would have thought a region based emergency alert would make more sense, like a south-eastern states for hurricanes, or a great lakes region, etc.

Fun fact: there are no checks or balances between the president, and launching nukes. Every other step in the process is heavily moderated, with two-keys at the missile silos etc, all to make sure that they don't do anything unless the order comes in. However, there's absolutely nothing double checking that we actually want to send them. If the pres opens the briefcase, and makes it happen, then it happens.
anything could happen with a madman in the white house.

Im hoping congress switches here next month so we can start the impeachment process.
Recommended Tutorials:
Obama had a cell phone before and after he took office. there was the rumor that when he would take office he would have to give up the cell phone. he ended up with a highly modified one.

a cell phone is not a significant part of my life.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
I don't use smartphone so I am asking this: Could the device be set to answer at once if a message from a particular source is received? If their system get 200M messages back what happens :)
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inventory Low Level ReOrder Alert DuaneJack 2 2,585 Aug-22-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: DuaneJack