Python Forum
blocking presidential alert
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blocking presidential alert
It's not the OS I think. There is a separate system between the OS and the cell tower. It can tell the OS what to do. This could be triggered by receiving a hidden SMS for example. It can manage the hardware too. You can't turn it off because you don't have access to it. All this is by design. We are all fucked up since the beginning of the mobile age.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
It has to be the OS or the firmware. A random signal can't do anything by itself. There has to be something on the phone, listening for that signal, that then acts based on what it says.
Geez, people, chill. It's a system put in place to give national alerts for huge emergencies. It's not Trump spewing propaganda or false nuclear attacks. This was just a test of the system. It's one frigging text message, it's not an assault on your civil rights. Doh
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
I'm just curious how a "presidential alert" is different from an "emergency alert". If it's just for huge emergencies, we literally already had a system in place for that.

In an ideal world, one "emergency" message, of any type, every two years, is slightly too many. But maybe I have a different definition of what an emergency is.
(Oct-03-2018, 07:45 PM)ichabod801 Wrote: Geez, people, chill. It's a system put in place to give national alerts for huge emergencies. It's not Trump spewing propaganda or false nuclear attacks. This was just a test of the system. It's one frigging text message, it's not an assault on your civil rights. Doh
some say it is
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lawsuit-see...amendment/
Recommended Tutorials:
I thought getting political was frowned upon.
(Oct-03-2018, 09:55 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: I thought getting political was frowned upon.
Frowns don't stop posts in the Bar :)
(Oct-03-2018, 09:55 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: I thought getting political was frowned upon.
well it was initially an android question being more relatable here than just Dump Trump talk for the OP. I did have a legit goal in mind other than just trash talking him.
Recommended Tutorials:
Did you actually read that lawsuit link? Those people are insane. A violation of their First Amendment protections from government-compelled listening? I'm going to go file a lawsuit against the county for all that government-compelled seeing of stop signs.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
i dont think its insane. If it was for a national emergency test, then why would they call it a presidential alert? A national emergency test is called just that, not a presidential alert.

In my opinion, that is just the start. For what? Who the hell knows. But i dont think its crazy to assume that its his instrument to stir up propaganda of fear. Whether its to conjure up a fake missle crises to get the support of Americans to strike a country first (a threat that never was), attempt to ensure his re-election at time of war, or just blurt out his mumbo-jumbo to everyone who doesnt care what he says. Every empire falls, and Trump might just be the last nail in the coffin. Its better to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Everyone is comfortable with giving up a little freedom for safety. But over time so much freedom has been given up that it is normal. And if people dont see that every little freedom that gets taken away since 9/11, the terrorists have won.

If Trump is allowed to send me a message without my consent, without me being able to block it and use my phone at the same time (not throw it in the lake to avoid hearing "Believe Me"), then I will jump on the band wagon of him violating my rights. Whether i care or not. Its a stupid small issue, but if he knows he can bully us regarding small issues, then he will surely try larger ones. And we might just let him.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inventory Low Level ReOrder Alert DuaneJack 2 2,633 Aug-22-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: DuaneJack