Python Forum
creating application for android with python
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
creating application for android with python
hi

i was thinking about creating some application for android . i worked with java before and i,m familiar with it but sense i learned python
i dont want to come back on java anymore.

i was thinking about writing app for android with python.

how do you think about that?

is this a good idea?

if i learn kivy or qpython can i create a good app ?

or you think python is not good enouth to do that?
If you can get it working, I think it's a great idea. I was never able to get Python working on Android, myself ),:
I have done some with Kivy. You can write everything in python 100%...but it makes it easier if you use their "kivy language" which closely resembles the layout of CSS.

Quote:i worked with java before and i,m familiar with it but sense i learned python
As much as i hate to say this. If you are familiar with java, it might be easier to just use java. The python + Kivy method works, its just odd.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Oct-03-2016, 10:06 PM)metulburr Wrote: I have done some with Kivy. You can write everything in python 100%...but it makes it easier if you use their "kivy language" which closely resembles the layout of CSS.
Link to a tutorial to get things working?

I know a little Android, but I still wasn't able to get Python working on it just a few months ago. I tried Scala as well, I'm just not down to use Java in my free time, but still couldn't get it working.
Here is the github repo i made to refresh myself if i ever wanted to use it again.
https://github.com/metulburr/kivy

Ill keep looking for the tutorial that i actually used.
Recommended Tutorials:
+1 for Kivy
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
@[metulburr] I just started looking at that repo. Is sudo really necessarily for producing an APK?
i dont remember exactly, but i think it was for installing SDK if it was the first time.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Python coming to DroidScript (build native Android Apps) d_a_v_e 5 1,598 Feb-20-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: d_a_v_e
  Is Python Good for GUI Desktop Application? praveencqr 0 771 Dec-23-2022, 07:02 AM
Last Post: praveencqr
  Python GUI for Android - ebook for free OlafArtAnanda 2 3,720 Jul-20-2021, 11:07 PM
Last Post: phoenix
  How to distribute a Python application with a web-based installer? toshiEAB 0 1,572 Oct-14-2020, 09:40 AM
Last Post: toshiEAB
  Whether or not it needs Java for Android with Python Aashuraa 4 3,102 Nov-26-2018, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Aashuraa
  Python database application SimonU 1 23,935 Sep-02-2018, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Larz60+