Python Forum
cursor jumps back during typing
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
cursor jumps back during typing
(Feb-10-2017, 04:19 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: All kinds of posts here, except the original poster.
Guess the battery was replaced, and that was the end of that.

The problem is not due to the keyboard, I am typing on a new MacBook pro. Also the trackpad can be ruled out as I am typing extra careful. 

I have done some checking and I think the problem is due to a program called "Grammarly" This program is a grammar/spelling checker that is working in all screens. Everytime he wants to make a correction he jumps my cursor back to the place where a change is suggested (which also explains why at the end of a post it is getting increasingly more difficult to type since he is constantly jumping back to previous places). This does not happen everytime, but i am fairly certain this is wat causes my problems. This website is the only place I have experienced a problem with this program running in the background. At least we now know what it is. Tnx for the input
That would drive me insane
Yeah that would drive me crazy.

I think you should submit a support ticket to them as it appears that is not suppose to happen. 
https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us/a...is-jumping
Recommended Tutorials:
It could be the fault of our WYSIWYG editor. We've had other issues with it.

Does it also happen using the quick reply at the bottom of a thread? Or must you hit "New Reply" and type there for the issue to occur?
(Feb-10-2017, 08:52 AM)takaa Wrote:
(Feb-10-2017, 04:19 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: All kinds of posts here, except the original poster.
Guess the battery was replaced, and that was the end of that.

The problem is not due to the keyboard, I am typing on a new MacBook pro. Also the trackpad can be ruled out as I am typing extra careful. 

I have done some checking and I think the problem is due to a program called "Grammarly" This program is a grammar/spelling checker that is working in all screens. Everytime he wants to make a correction he jumps my cursor back to the place where a change is suggested (which also explains why at the end of a post it is getting increasingly more difficult to type since he is constantly jumping back to previous places). This does not happen everytime, but i am fairly certain this is wat causes my problems. This website is the only place I have experienced a problem with this program running in the background. At least we now know what it is. Tnx for the input
I am using Grammarly as a plugin for Firefox and Iron browsers. It works well
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
(Feb-10-2017, 02:41 AM)metulburr Wrote: the logitech trackball mouse is the only mouse i use. I jsut wished it was wired. I have gotten to the point i cannot stand a regular mouse.

I have a wired Logitech trackball at work. It was hard to find. I have a wired Kensignton trackball at home, which I slightly prefer. The original Kensingtons were awesome, because the trackball was the same size as a pool ball. I got an actual 8-ball and used that in my trackball all the way through college.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
(Feb-10-2017, 11:51 PM)ichabod801 Wrote:
(Feb-10-2017, 02:41 AM)metulburr Wrote: the logitech trackball mouse is the only mouse i use. I jsut wished it was wired. I have gotten to the point i cannot stand a regular mouse.

I have a wired Logitech trackball at work. It was hard to find. I have a wired Kensignton trackball at home, which I slightly prefer. The original Kensingtons were awesome, because the trackball was the same size as a pool ball. I got an actual 8-ball and used that in my trackball all the way through college.

If i could get this mouse wired i would be in heaven. I like the ball movement with my thumb.
[Image: 1260761_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000]
Recommended Tutorials:
Metulburr: http://www.porterelectronics.com/logitec...DQodsdgPBQ
pricey but ...
Also not quite the same animal
(Feb-10-2017, 06:07 PM)micseydel Wrote: It could be the fault of our WYSIWYG editor. We've had other issues with it.

Does it also happen using the quick reply at the bottom of a thread? Or must you hit "New Reply" and type there for the issue to occur?

I have made some tests. And I did find a difference between the quick reply and new reply. 

In quick reply, I have found no problems. 

in New reply I broke down the problem to the following:

When I don't use Grammarly to correct a mistake, he will not jump back. But once I have used Grammarly to correct a mistake he will keep jumping back to other mistakes.
Then its probably a conflict between the WYSIWYG editor and grammarly. Because if i recall correctly...the quick reply is not WYSIWYG?
Recommended Tutorials: