Python Forum
data from multiple Entry widgets
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
data from multiple Entry widgets
I thought that was most of what you had done in your first post. You created (and stored) the widgets in an array (I assume you're using pandas or such).

xxx[a,b,c] = Entry(root, bg="white",fg="black", width=7,relief=SUNKEN).grid(row=p_row,column=p_col+1)
Then in your loops it looks like you try to retrieve the data, but you don't do anything with it. It's like a line that says 2+4. It turns into 6, but then is thrown away.

for a in range(8):
          for b in range(4):
            for c in range(5):
               xxx[a,b,c].get()
    print(xxx)
Perhaps instead you could change the "get" line above to something like:
data = xxx[a,b,c].get()
print(f"Widget {a},{b},{c} has data {data}")
Then when the loop is run, you can see all the data (or make use of it in some way).
(Aug-15-2020, 10:47 PM)bowlofred Wrote: I thought that was most of what you had done in your first post. You created (and stored) the widgets in an array (I assume you're using pandas or such).

xxx[a,b,c] = Entry(root, bg="white",fg="black", width=7,relief=SUNKEN).grid(row=p_row,column=p_col+1)
Then in your loops it looks like you try to retrieve the data, but you don't do anything with it. It's like a line that says 2+4. It turns into 6, but then is thrown away.

for a in range(8):
          for b in range(4):
            for c in range(5):
               xxx[a,b,c].get()
    print(xxx)
Perhaps instead you could change the "get" line above to something like:
data = xxx[a,b,c].get()
Then when the loop is run, you can see all the data (or make use of it in some way).

This doesn't work.
data = xxx[a,b,c].get()
I get the error: AttributeError: 'numpy.float64' object has no attribute 'get'

I tried
data[a,b,c]=xxx[a,b,c].get()
data=xxx[a,b,c].get()
where data is an array[8,4,5]
I tried where data is a single variable. All of them gave the same error.
Ah, true. (I don't use numpy arrays much and will tend to miss things). It's possible to create arrays that hold objects, but it's harder. A dictionary could work, but you don't get the nice indexing. Just as an attempt though, maybe something like:

# store the widget in a dict, with a tuple key for indexing
xxx = {}
# whatever loop you had over a, b, and c...
    xxx[(a,b,c)] = Entry(root, bg="white",fg="black", width=7,relief=SUNKEN).grid(row=p_row,column=p_col+1)

# retrieve the widgets:
for a in range(8):
          for b in range(4):
            for c in range(5):
               data = xxx[(a,b,c)].get()
Otherwise if you want the array to hold a python object, try initializing it with dtype=object.
Neat idea with using a tuple as key.

As you mentioned you can initialize a Numpy array to hold objects.
import numpy
from tkinter import *

root = Tk()
xxx = numpy.empty((2, 2, 2), dtype=object)
xxx[0, 0, 0] = Entry(root)
xxx[0, 0, 0].place
print(xxx)
mainloop
Output:
[[<tkinter.Entry object .!entry> None] [None None]]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Load multiple Jason data in one Data Frame vijays3 6 1,545 Aug-12-2022, 05:17 PM
Last Post: vijays3
  Python, how to manage multiple data in list or dictionary with calculations and FIFO Mikeardy 8 2,600 Dec-31-2021, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Mikeardy
  How to map two data frames based on multiple condition SriRajesh 0 1,477 Oct-27-2021, 02:43 PM
Last Post: SriRajesh
  Load the data from multiple source files to one table amy83 2 2,586 Apr-27-2021, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Pedroski55
  API Gateway to manage multiple API's get put data robsuttonjr 2 2,535 Mar-09-2021, 04:09 PM
Last Post: robsuttonjr
  Pandas: how to split one row of data to multiple rows and columns in Python GerardMoussendo 4 6,824 Feb-22-2021, 06:51 PM
Last Post: eddywinch82
  How to filter out Column data From Multiple rows data? firaki12345 10 5,101 Feb-06-2021, 04:54 AM
Last Post: buran
  Fetching data from multiple tables in a single request. swaroop 0 1,893 Jan-09-2021, 04:23 PM
Last Post: swaroop
  How to fill parameter with data from multiple columns CSV file greenpine 1 1,662 Dec-21-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Larz60+
  Load data from One oracle Table to Multiple tables amy83 1 1,778 Dec-02-2020, 01:57 AM
Last Post: Larz60+