Python Forum
datetime with every screenshot name
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
datetime with every screenshot name
hello all ...
i write a code to take 10 screenshot from the desktop and save them to file but i need to save them in this format :

qan-2018-08-27 04:03(0)
qan-2018-08-27 04:03(1)
qan-2018-08-27 04:03(2)

this is my code :
import pyautogui
import datetime

q = datetime.datetime.now()

d= q.strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M")

x = 0

while x<10:

pic = pyautogui.screenshot(r'C:\Users\root\Desktop\test\qan-'+str(x)+'.png')

x+=1 
how i cant add ( d ) here : qan-'+str(x)+'.png'
import os
import pyautogui
import datetime

d = datetime.datetime.now()
for i in range(10):
    file_name = os.path.join('C:/Users/root/Desktop/test', 'qan-{:%Y-%m-%d %H:%M}({}).png'.format(d, i))
    # file_name = os.path.join('C:/Users/root/Desktop/test', f'qan-{d:%Y-%m-%d %H:%M}({i}).png') # this is better, for python 3.6+
    pic = pyautogui.screenshot(file_name)
instead of os you can use pathlib module
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Aug-27-2018, 08:47 AM)buran Wrote:
import os
import pyautogui
import datetime

for i in range(10):
    file_name = os.path.join('C:/Users/root/Desktop/test', 'qan-{:%Y-%m-%d %H:%M}({}).png'.format(d, i))
    # file_name = os.path.join('C:/Users/root/Desktop/test', f'qan-{d:%Y-%m-%d %H:%M}({i}).png') # this is better, for python 3.6+
    pic = pyautogui.screenshot(file_name)
instead of os you can use pathlib module

not working pro the just create one file ( qan-2018-08-27 05 ) not 10 files :)
could u please try to modify my code i need to use code that i write and understand not new one
thank u in advance
(Aug-27-2018, 09:41 AM)evilcode1 Wrote: not working pro the just create one file ( qan-2018-08-27 05 ) not 10 files :)
could u please try to modify my code i need to use code that i write and understand not new one
well, don't tell me it's not working.
import os
#import pyautogui
import datetime

for i in range(10):
    #pic = pyautogui.screenshot(file_name)
    print(file_name)
Output:
C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(0).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(1).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(2).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(3).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(4).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(5).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(6).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(7).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(8).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(9).png
as you can see for yourself it produce 10 different file_names. So if it doesn't work, it's not due to changes I did. It's something with what you did. As you can see my code produce the exact file name you want, not the one you show (qan-2018-08-27 05). If I have to guess - I put my money that the problem is in the space between the date and time. But it was in your code too. You may want to change the format string to something like %Y-%m-%d_%H:%M or better %Y%m%d%H%M
Actually, I'm doing exactly what you asked - fix your code, to use the right tools and to be more pythonic.
It's generally discouraged to use string concatenation, in favor of more advanced string-formatting. One of disadvantages of concatenation is you need to cast everything that is not str to string in order to be able to concatenate. It yields ugly, non-pythonic code (sorry, but that's fact).
When you want to construct paths, use the tools that python provides. In this case string concatenation is even more discouraged.
In addition it's better to use for loop instead of while loop when you want to loop exact number of times, that you know in advance.

your code would be
import pyautogui
import datetime

x = 0

while x<10:

pic = pyautogui.screenshot(r'C:\Users\root\Desktop\test\qan-'+d + '(' + str(x)+').png')

x+=1 
do you honestly think it's better?
I suggest to learn from what you are offered and ask questions if there is something you don't understand instead of stick to what you have written so far.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Aug-27-2018, 10:56 AM)buran Wrote:
(Aug-27-2018, 09:41 AM)evilcode1 Wrote: not working pro the just create one file ( qan-2018-08-27 05 ) not 10 files :)
well, don't tell me it's not working.
import os
#import pyautogui
import datetime

for i in range(10):
    #pic = pyautogui.screenshot(file_name)
    print(file_name)
Output:
C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(0).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(1).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(2).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(3).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(4).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(5).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(6).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(7).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(8).png C:/Users/root/Desktop/test/qan-2018-08-27 13:40(9).png
as you can see for yourself it produce 10 different file_names. So if it doesn't work, it's not due to changes I did. It's something with what you did. As you can see my code produce the exact file name you want, not the one you show (qan-2018-08-27 05). If I have to guess - I put my money that the problem is in the space between the date and time. But it was in your code too. You may want to change the format string to something like %Y-%m-%d_%H:%M or better %Y%m%d%H%M
Actually, I'm doing exactly what you asked - fix your code, to use the right tools and to be more pythonic.
It's generally discouraged to use string concatenation, in favor of more advanced string-formatting. One of disadvantages of concatenation is you need to cast everything that is not str to string in order to be able to concatenate. It yields ugly, non-pythonic code (sorry, but that's fact).
When you want to construct paths, use the tools that python provides. In this case string concatenation is even more discouraged.
In addition it's better to use for loop instead of while loop when you want to loop exact number of times, that you know in advance.

your code would be
import pyautogui
import datetime

x = 0

while x<10:

pic = pyautogui.screenshot(r'C:\Users\root\Desktop\test\qan-'+d + '(' + str(x)+').png')

x+=1 
do you honestly think it's better?
I suggest to learn from what you are offered and ask questions if there is something you don't understand instead of stick to what you have written so far.

okay brother i will fallow u advice :)
but the both codes mine and ur does not work on windows 10 on linux they work okay ...
i dont know why check the video :
Oh, sorry, I should have seen this long ago
The colon (:) is not allowed in file name on windows. So it makes the file name only up to the hour (incl.). So all files have the same name and that's why you get just one at the end.

the best - make the format string %Y%m%d%H%M
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

(Aug-27-2018, 05:09 PM)buran Wrote: Oh, sorry, I should have seen this long ago
The colon (:) is not allowed in file name on windows. So it makes the file name only up to the hour (incl.). So all files have the same name and that's why you get just one at the end.

the best - make the format string %Y%m%d%H%M

working :)
thank u very much <3<3<3

okay now its time to explain for me this section :
Quote:'qan-{:%Y-%m-%d %H:%M}({}).png'.format(d, i))

can u explain it in details i need to learn i now what is (%Y-%m-%d %H:%M) for but this for what : ({}) ?
It is strange that pyautogui.screenshot() just silently ignores part of the file name. I think it should raise an error.
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IEDriverServer screenshot ABVSVL 0 1,732 Jul-12-2020, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ABVSVL
  pyautogui.screenshot region is not working alexlu 6 6,508 Jun-04-2020, 10:46 AM
Last Post: alexlu
  What is the best way to search for a pixel in a screenshot? TheZadok42 1 2,600 May-15-2020, 12:37 PM
Last Post: scidam
  Want to take a Screenshot from a File in Linux dhiliptcs 2 2,563 Oct-21-2019, 01:22 PM
Last Post: dhiliptcs
  TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'datetime.datetime' and 'str' findbikash 2 9,607 Sep-18-2019, 08:32 AM
Last Post: buran
  Screenshot of specific window kainev 10 19,339 Nov-30-2018, 03:07 PM
Last Post: kainev
Question [Help] Convert integer to Roman numerals? {Screenshot attached} vanicci 10 9,183 Aug-06-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: vanicci
  [Help] sorted() in while loop with user's input() {Screenshot attached} vanicci 5 4,015 Aug-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Question [Help] How to end While Loop using counter? {Screenshot attached} vanicci 2 3,086 Aug-02-2018, 10:09 PM