Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dclock in python
Ubuntu (at least in 16.04) comes with a program called "dclock" that displays a 4 digit or 6 digit emulation of a 7-segment LED clock, stretchable to any size desired. how hard would it be to implement such a thing in Python? what parts would be more difficult?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
(Apr-13-2019, 11:53 PM)Skaperen Wrote: Ubuntu (at least in 16.04) comes with a program called "dclock" that displays a 4 digit or 6 digit emulation of a 7-segment LED clock, stretchable to any size desired. how hard would it be to implement such a thing in Python? what parts would be more difficult?
Hi i found requirements dor dclock

GitHub dclock requirements for python
Pretty simple actually: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/python-cre...g-tkinter/
i hope that one can be resized small or large or fullscreen.

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
bummer, it would not resize. also it was not 7-segment style like dclock is, though if it could resize, it 7-segment would not be a requirement.

There is an analog and digital clock program in Mark Lutz's Programming Python. A comment in the code says to rescale the font on resize. I think you should be able to implement this part with little effort (see the examples distribution package).