Python Forum
develop android app on Win env
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
develop android app on Win env
I new to Phyton, as well as Android dev.

Just in order to "feel" both, I was thinking of developing a simple Android App with python on Win 10 env.
I'm actually not even sure this task is reasonable.

I tried Android Studio with Python plug-in.
I am also trying VS with python and android extensions, although this doesn't make sense to me.

Please advise

tx

OJ
Hello OJ1,

I have used Android Studio on Win10 and the behavior of the software (Android Studio) has been very unstable. Then I try to use Android Studio on Ubuntu, and it works perfect.

About Python in Android Studio, I can not help you, because I only use Android Studio for a little codes, I don't have much experience. But if you start now to coding for Android, maybe will be interesting to try with Linux.

Maybe in other devices Android Studio works ok on Windows, but in my experience (my PC and my laptop), I had a lot of problems, and I change to Linux... and solved.

I'm only using Ubuntu from six month ago, and also I'm using now Win10 for a lot of things.

Sorry for my low English level.
(Apr-15-2018, 09:53 AM)vaison Wrote: Hello OJ1,

I have used Android Studio on Win10 and the behavior of the software (Android Studio) has been very unstable. Then I try to use Android Studio on Ubuntu, and it works perfect.

About Python in Android Studio, I can not help you, because I only use Android Studio for a little codes, I don't have much experience. But if you start now to coding for Android, maybe will be interesting to try with Linux.

Maybe in other devices Android Studio works ok on Windows, but in my experience (my PC and my laptop), I had a lot of problems, and I change to Linux... and solved.

I'm only using Ubuntu from six month ago, and also I'm using now Win10 for a lot of things.

Sorry for my low English level.

Thank you.
If I am not mistaken, you refer a general issue with Android Studio on Windows platform.
Not sure it relates to Python though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Develop on Mac and run on Raspberry Pi? Triton318 1 4,296 Dec-26-2016, 01:40 AM
Last Post: j.crater
  What is best framework to develop webservice in Django? hari3710 3 68,878 Dec-21-2016, 10:42 PM
Last Post: nilamo