Python Forum
drawing some graphics in a static window
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drawing some graphics in a static window
i would like to play around with writing some code that draws graphics.  but it'd rather not have a window pop up each time i run a script.  instead, i'd like to bring up a window that stays there even when my script ends or aborts with some exception (probably will happen often).  thinking about how this would be done, some program/script would run in the background (the daemon), which opens the window and waits for a local network connection.  the program/script that starts it would output the address:port to connect to.  this information can then be stored somewhere for the associated graphics library to fetch.  then that library (python class) can that API calls and pass protocol requests to that program/script holding the window up.  another option might be to draw on the root window ... the screen background.  problems with this include having to minimize other windows to see what is going on. so back to the static window idea.

are there any python libraries around that can work this way?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3D Graphics and animation vipinv23 2 1,959 Jul-19-2019, 09:54 AM
Last Post: vipinv23