Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
empty lines
i am periodically and recently frequently seeing empty lines added to my posts. they are usually added to inserted code, but i have also seen them in plain text.

anyone else seen this?

any ideas what may be happening?

when it happens on a preview, the text or code to be edited has the empty line but an additional one does not get added when i post it or do preview again.  but if i edit out the added empty line it gets added back when i to a post or preview.

it is not happening on this post.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
It happens to me all the time but I just remove the lines
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
how do you remove them?  edit after posting?

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
This is especially so if you use the 'view source' button while in editor.
Other formatting gets messed up when you do this as well.
I have seen this newline issue brought up from time to time on the boards,
but don't know if there is an active investigation ongoing.

It's annoying, but I have been just working around it.
No, during writing the post.
(Dec-28-2016, 10:28 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: It's annoying, but I have been just working around it.

Same here. I am also sometimes having trouble getting a blank line in where I want one, often near code or quote boxes.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
I have this to,stranac can probably look at this when he have time.
(Dec-28-2016, 10:28 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: This is especially so if you use the 'view source' button while in editor.

You mean that's not the only way to write a post?
(Dec-28-2016, 10:29 AM)wavic Wrote: No, during writing the post.

i am seeing them added after i write the post.  when i do Preview Post, i see the empty line added in the formatted preview and the working buffer.  if i do Preview Post without removing that line it does not add another one.  but if i remove the added line and do Preview Post it is added back.  if i remove it and do Post Reply, it is added back and included in the posting of it.  i have been curious if post-posting editing can remove it.  i have not remembered to try that when i see it happen.

it's not a case of it being added before i do the writing. when is it added for you?

Several minutes ago as during write a answer to a post I noticed the same behaviour. New line which I didn't write