Python Forum
What all do I need for a full stack web application?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What all do I need for a full stack web application?
I realize this may not be the best place for this question, and I also know that there are many answers but I just want a definitive one for the moment if that is truly possible. I am in the process of building a full web application from the ground up with python and the Django web framework. I already have both HTML and CSS under my belt and will be ordering a JavaScript book along with doing tutorials online. This is my third language I am learning and is my first large project in this particular one. My question is what all do I need for a full stack website not coding help or anything like that as I plan to figure that out on my own, but I don't know everything I need I have the MySQL database experience also that I will be brushing up on but outside of those things I honestly do not know what goes into a website on the front and back end. I know I will have to have error trapping and handling somewhere within but that should be part of Django I would assume.
Full-stack is a ambiguous term,it's just that you do all client and server work,as is natural when doing this alone.
Django is of course full stack as it has a lot build and can add stuff to make it "fuller" eg React/Vue/Svelte...ect.
Flask may not start up as full stack,but can of course be full stack bye adding stuff.

volunteers72 Wrote:I honestly do not know what goes into a website on the front and back end.
Then start training on smaller stuff,both Django and Flask has build in web-server for local development,
this make it easy to be up and running in a short time.
Just don't start on big stuff,eg get site running with a html/css and eg a form and send stuff to server side,then try to get those values into a database.
It would be helpful to know what this application is supposed to do, so that you can pick technologies, etc. based on what you need rather than what you think you "should" have. What is the goal of this project? Is it for your learning or something else?
(Jul-06-2020, 04:03 AM)ndc85430 Wrote: It would be helpful to know what this application is supposed to do, so that you can pick technologies, etc. based on what you need rather than what you think you "should" have. What is the goal of this project? Is it for your learning or something else?

This is both a learning experience and for my mother and community. I want to build this for the community center in my area, along with making it into a project to go inside a portfolio to show I have a good grasp of both the python language, and web development. I plan on linking it to another website in the area, and I thought Django was a good source since it will be updated regularly with events, and what's in the news for my area, along with an about us. I will also add in a payment option for renting the building for anyone who has an event along with other similar user inputs, however that will be far down the line since you shouldn't play with money of any kind until you're well experienced.
Do you may be mean full stack developer or development? A full stack developer is proficient in the front and back end development. Back-end programmers write prototype codes that link your site to add content management systems. A full-stack developer does both of those jobs. The pros are goal-oriented, constantly being foresighted concerning the client's expectations, and thinking up answers without leaning on other people. Many complete pile developers have participated in various forms of internet projects. The experience has equipped them with comprehensive understanding within the sphere of internet and program development. It's possible, therefore, to anticipate their consciousness will, in the long term, be exceptionally beneficial to the market and performance reception of your undertaking. You can become a full stack developer at full stack training.
No I realize what it takes to do that kind of work, I am more concerned with what technologies I would need to accomplish this task at hand. As in what are all or most languages and builds I should familiarize myself with to undertake a project of that scope. I am comfortable with HTML and CSS so writing the pages isn't a problem, and I am becoming more proficient with Django so the web framework itself will be a challenge but not impossible, and I have ordered a javascript book to learn in the process also. I have in the past worked with SQL databases and have gained a better understanding and familiarity with them, but I wanted to know what all I would need to go into a full web application I am building? Nothing more than what all components are necessary for a fully working website, since I assume that that little bit isn't enough to cover everything a sites capabilities can include.
You haven't given too many details about the application, so it sounds like the basics of a front end, a back end web framework and a database are all you need for the time being. I wouldn't try to learn absolutely everything possible up front. When you find a new problem that you don't have a solution for, then ask for advice about how people solve it and which technologies are relevant. It's a bit difficult to give advice if we don't know what you'll need. The things I would pay attention to at this stage though are:

1. Do you know about version control (e.g. with Git)? You'll want to if not, so that you can keep the history of your changes (which is great if you find you need to undo something) and have the need to work with other developers.
2. Where is this app going to run? Are you deploying it to some cloud platform like AWS or Heroku or ..?
3. How are you going to make sure the app continues to work as you make changes to it? Do you know about automated testing?
Full-stack web development is the development of both front end and back end portions of a web application. Full-stack developers have the ability to design complete web application and websites; they work on the frontend, backend, database and debugging of web applications or websites. If you are talking about the full-stack web application, you must first have complete knowledge of technology related to it. Here we will discuss these technologies.

Front end: It’s the visible part of the website or web application that is responsible for the user experience. Here the user directly interacts with the front end portion of the web application.

Front end languages: The front end portion is built by using some languages like:
HTMLCSS
JavaScript
The front end framework libraries include:
Angular JS
React Js
Bootstrap
JQuery
SASS

Back end: It is the server-side development of web applications with a primary focus on how the website works. The frameworks, libraries and languages used here include:
PHP
C++
Java
Python
javascript
Node.js

If we talk about full-stack developers, they must be proficient with Html, CSS, Java script. They must have experience with databases and version control.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Stack Web Development from Zero to My First Web App in 6 Months (or less) Journey_to_odessey 1 1,699 May-24-2020, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Larz60+