Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
facebook groups
I hate facebook groups in comparison to forums. The admins (or just regular people on a power trip) make some of the dumbest rules ever. Whereas forums have admins seem sensible.

I just got banned in a large user-base group for being in another group. Their rule "if we catch you in a competitor's group we will ban you". Thats like us saying we ban people here for being on another python forum. WTF lol.

It just urkes me when people say that facebook groups will take over forums....as i dont see that happening. In coding forums, its a pain in the ass because there is no code input box, or other BBcode for that matter to transform text.
Recommended Tutorials:
It's a business for someone. I am not surprised at all. I was in a such a group but do not visit it anymore. Too many paid courses posts.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
Without code tags, I can never imagine something like Facebook taking over entirely. When I worked at LinkedIn, they created a publishing platform, and it was embarrassing that that didn't have code tags, given that the engineers wanted to make posts.
Yeah some of the python related facebook groups are ridiculous. You cant even post the code at all.
Recommended Tutorials:
what did people do with code to get it out to answer some question? put it on github and post a link?

i would still like to see a free forum code base in Python (backend totally portable Python for Python3 so it runs on at least Linux, Unix, Mac OSX, and Windows).
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
I used sometimes for short examples pastebin, but it is pain. This FB-Groups and other Social Groups sucks.
The social groups don't represent the Python Community.

I think people who are telling forums are dying, have never used a forum.
Almost dead, but too lazy to die: https://sourceserver.info
All humans together. We don't need politicians!
there are quite a few PHP based web forum programs out there that are free. my guess is that means even the non-PHP parts could be free, too. that could help get one going.

i have never been on FB so i have no clue how bad it is, there. i am on LI and am greatly disappointed that they have not moved to make a forum that would look professional. some aspects of Reddit are better, despite its apparent goal to keep things simple.

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
You haven't missed anything. The most content on social platforms is just shared there to be present.
The community itself depends not on this Networks, for us it's very clear.
The content is also not hosted on the social networks.

Sometimes I get some news from this groups, but in the most cases I already know it.
For example: I read the news about a new release of Python not in the facebook groups.
I got this information from the mailing list.

I think the Python community doesn't need Facebook.
Some groups also have bad admins with psychological problems.
Normally they should better go to a doctor instead of administrating people.
Almost dead, but too lazy to die: https://sourceserver.info
All humans together. We don't need politicians!
i think the world doesn't need Facebook. for sure, i don't.

The world needs Facebook. This is the biggest marketing platform. If there were no Facebook all marketing studies would have been more expensive so all goods and services too. This is why Facebook hit the $500 billion on the market last year. Because of all collected information. If I have a company and want to know what the people prefer I will dig Facebook.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org