Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
forum hacked
Quote:Wow! Bookmarked buy/sell guns ?  [Image: biggrin.png]
oh yeah, that is due to facebook's recent anti gun sell/buying rules in groups. Now everyone just sells a gun via "i want to discuss this gun".  LOL

nevermind the torrents Whistle
Recommended Tutorials:
I was unable to open the forum. It opens 'change password' all the time. So I did it finally. I am asking for removing the 30 characters restrictions for the pass length.
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
Quote:I am asking for removing the 30 characters restrictions for the pass length
there is no length restriction that long
Recommended Tutorials:
(Nov-26-2016, 07:46 PM)wavic Wrote: I was unable to open the forum. It opens 'change password' all the time. So I did it finally.

Indeed we chose to force all users to update their passwords. This is because the hackers crackers may have a copy of your old passwords. You should also change all other places where you may use the same passwords (better never use the same password in multiple places)

(Nov-26-2016, 07:46 PM)wavic Wrote: the 30 characters restrictions for the pass length.

metulburr, there is this message:

Quote:Please correct the following errors before continuing:
  • The password you entered is of invalid length. Please enter a password between 6 and 30 characters.
Quote:The password you entered is of invalid length. Please enter a password between 6 and 30 characters.
oh i thought you guys meant it was requiring at least 30 characters.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Nov-26-2016, 09:56 PM)Kebap Wrote: Indeed we chose to force all users to update their passwords. This is because the hackers crackers may have a copy of your old passwords. You should also change all other places where you may use the same passwords (better never use the same password in multiple places)
Are you saying that the passwords were kept in plain text but not as hashes?
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
(Nov-24-2016, 11:34 PM)wavic Wrote:
(Nov-24-2016, 12:00 PM)metulburr Wrote: http://imgur.com/a/ZtbOn

and mybb admin login was inaccessible as well as server access.

Wow! Bookmarked buy/sell guns ?  Big Grin

they may get our bits, but not our guns Think

(Nov-26-2016, 11:26 PM)metulburr Wrote:
Quote:The password you entered is of invalid length. Please enter a password between 6 and 30 characters.
oh i thought you guys meant it was requiring at least 30 characters.

the first one i tried was len(pw) == 54.  i tried again with pw[:30].
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
(Nov-27-2016, 05:17 AM)wavic Wrote:
(Nov-26-2016, 09:56 PM)Kebap Wrote: Indeed we chose to force all users to update their passwords. This is because the hackers crackers may have a copy of your old passwords. You should also change all other places where you may use the same passwords (better never use the same password in multiple places)
Are you saying that the passwords were kept in plain text but not as hashes?

No, this is just extra safety measure
*salted* hashes!

...and when requesting a password change it is so much better if you put all your conditions up front, eg

''please enter your new password. it must have
<condition1>, eg minimum length,
<condition2>, eg max[why?] length,
<condition3>, eg must-be-used characters,
<condition4>, eg disallowed characters[why?]
etc,
etc,''
rather than have the user find out by trial-and-error [and many ''invalid pwd''s] what the parameters of a valid pwd are.
pick a maximum password length of 255 and people might speculate it runs on MS Windows. i once told people that the maximum password length on a site was 65535. someone said he tested it and called me a liar. ok so i did lie. i'll say 4294967295 next time.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting hacked off with spam Bass 9 6,198 Sep-21-2017, 02:31 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  Does the forum need a forum category ? Yoriz 4 6,339 Sep-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Kebap