Python Forum
forum structure adjustment
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
forum structure adjustment
In the previous forum, we didnt have the ability to create toplinks, ie. change the server files, etc. or similar things. So we had to resort to sticky posts and such to inform users of things. 

Here is a little different. We have 100% control. None of us really liked how the sticky posts cluttered up after awhile and you would have a long list of sticky posts at the top that no one read. Well here we can have help documents that no one reads. 

For specific forums, instead of having sticky posts at the top we can create a rule. Which you can have the option to display the title with a link to the document (example is admins and mods link "moderator information"), the title and content (example at General Coding Help), or the option to view the title and content as well as view it in the postbit. In addition it uses HTML not BBCode, so it gives a wider option of ability. 

Also i modifed the forums. A lot of admins/users seem to agree that Project Euler and Challenges forums seem ghost town. Not enough to warrant their own forums. And that general discussions and General Coding Help forums were too confusing for new users to decipher if their post should be in which one. 

I still personally am not sure about the "board help" forum. It seems redundant to the help docs. 

Let me know if this looks alright. Anything done unwanted can be refixed.
Recommended Tutorials:
Big Grin 
(Sep-18-2016, 07:44 PM)metulburr Wrote: Well here we can have help documents that no one reads. 
Love the deadpan.
Also happy with the general discussions and Euler sections being gone, at this point.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  icode adjustment metulburr 9 6,004 Aug-13-2017, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ichabod801
  Does the forum need a forum category ? Yoriz 4 6,335 Sep-18-2016, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Kebap