Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
general advise
i'm a python newby that's currently using Python Crash Course: A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming to learn the basics. The books has been really helpful and i'm joying learning the language. Given that i have a limited amount of free time each day to dedicate to this endeavour, should i follow this book up with another (if yes, suggestions would be great)? If not another book, what would you folks suggest i do in order to continue to improve my skills? TIA
I would start with a project of my own. Think up something reasonably simple you could do with Python, using the tools you got from your book. I have one I always use when learning a new language: write a program to deal five card poker hands and rank them correctly. Your project doesn't have to be that, but it should be something your are interested in.

Then maybe go for a second book. Fluent Python is a good book. But you might also think about what you want to do with Python. Do you want to get into web frameworks, data analysis, or one of the other many things Python can do? If so, I would have your second book be about that particular area of Python.
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  beginner engineer seeks advise arosental 3 2,593 Aug-03-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: DeaD_EyE