Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[geoJSON] View + work with?
Hello,

Turns out I now should work with a geoJSON file instead of GPX since the site I'm working with ignores colors set in GPX items through the "extension" feature.

I have a couple of needs:

1. How to view a big geoJSON on Windows, so that I can easily fold/unfold parts à la XML Explorer?

2. Googling for "python geojson" returns several packages that support working with geoJSON files. I need to read the file, and extract each track into its own geoJSON file. Is there a package you would recommend for this?

Thank you.

--
Edit: For instance

c:\>pip search geojson

geojson (2.4.0) - Python bindings and utilities for GeoJSON
geojsontools (0.0.3) - Functions for manipulating geojsons
geojson_elevation (0.1) - GeoJSON compatible elevation proxy
geojson_utils (0.0.2) - Python helper functions for manipulating GeoJSON
PyGeoj (0.22) - A simple Python GeoJSON file reader and writer.
a better place to look for python packages is PyPi: https://pypi.org/search/?q=geojson
this will get you quite a selection of packages, and you can look at each to see if they meet your needs.
Note that you can search by relevance or last date updated.
If a package has been around for a few years, then last date updated may show continued development, but if a package has only been around for a week, it can show higher than it should.

If you like a package, search the forum to get a feel for how it's used, and by how many people, also get a feel for ease of use, and sticky issues.
(Aug-25-2018, 01:18 AM)Larz60+ Wrote: If a package has been around for a few years, then last date updated may show continued development, but if a package has only been around for a week, it can show higher than it should.

Good tip. Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  geojson to json --missing multiple row output yoshi 9 2,654 Mar-06-2022, 08:34 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  Using the GeoJSON API ashlynjane 1 4,637 May-27-2019, 04:54 PM
Last Post: heiner55
  formatting string and returning as geojson garynobles 12 6,526 Mar-06-2018, 05:02 PM
Last Post: garynobles