Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
google description
This is what it looks like without a description. It just randomly grabs text from index....in which case here is just gibberish.

And this is where there is a description.

Somehow by adding a description we were bumped down from python.org forum list, but is better described.

My initial goal was to make google eventually give us sitelinks to forums like Gen Coding help or Homework, etc. like as seen here

and would be quit awesome to get a search bar for the forum in google, python-forum.org had it so it might also just take a long time or a lot of clicks, either way.

so what is best....to remove the description, change it/and keep it? For all i know google would promote the fact of having a shorter description than their algorithm is getting and give sitelinks, or who knows.

It seems they have picked out the forums as some are now links but not full site links with description of their own. But that was like that before i started this whole thing.

And yes i know they stated that having a meta description does not changed the number you are at, but i just did by adding one.
Recommended Tutorials:
I think is better to keep the description. As you said the links to the forum will grow and the new pages too. There is no new content in the old forum so... 
Can you make it show the main forums?
"As they say in Mexico 'dosvidaniya'. That makes two vidaniyas."
https://freedns.afraid.org
Quote:Can you make it show the main forums?
no it is 100% on google's algorithm. But it seems to be locating them slowly as they are becoming links within google as you can see. I did put up a sitemap and tried to make a preference of the forums though. So maybe that will help quicken it.
Recommended Tutorials:
I vote for #1, I'd be more likely to click the first link, than I would reading a description before clicking.
If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
OS: Windows 10, openSuse 42.3, freeBSD 11, Raspian "Stretch"
Python 3.6.5, IDE: PyCharm 2018 Community Edition
Quote:Somehow by adding a description we were bumped down from python.org forum list, but is better described.
It looks like since then; we returned to #1. I was hoping those links would become sitelinks at some point. Not sure how long it will take, if ever.

Is there a better description that would fit for google searches than
The official forum for Python programming language.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Dec-28-2017, 04:01 PM)metulburr Wrote: Is there a better description that would fit for google searches than
The official forum for Python programming language.

That's what I was wondering as well.

What do you mean with "official" anyway - mentioned on python.org?

Then again, doesn't matter if our URL or python.org is on #1 as they link to our forum again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  forum motto / description metulburr 20 10,033 Oct-14-2017, 12:54 AM
Last Post: metulburr