Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello everyone
i want to build an automated stock trading system,

the thing is - when i learn about beginner subjects - where they teach the basics - it doesn't connect for me... what i mean - it is hard for me to remember - or rather comprehend - the practical implementation of the subject...

building the automated system is far from where i am now - but the thing is i'm having trouble connecting between my end result - and what i learn along the way...

do you have an advice for me ?

thank you
tal
Building an automated stock trading system is indeed a long way. My advise is not to start with coding in any language, but start with the principles of "structured programming". Then you learn to break down the problem of creating a trading system to manageble parts. Only when you reach this point it is time to start coding. Start for example with Introduction To Structured Programming.
Hi ibreeden !

thank you for the link, it certainly helped me to be acquainted with the field.

i was thinking, can you help me to go through the process of program structuring for the system i wanna build ?
You should learn some basic Python first look at list we have here A List of Free Python Resources.

More on the subject Building an Automated Trading System From the Comfort of Your Own Home.
See Data Source a first box,this is getting stock data from eg API like Alpha Vantage.
A quick demo using Alpha Vantage,and here will be using Requests this is automatic choice for me,but if may not be if new to Python.
import requests

api_key = 'Your_api_key'
symbol_company = 'IBM'
# Org requests
#https://www.alphavantage.co/query?function=TIME_SERIES_DAILY&symbol=IBM&apikey=demo

# Make my own
resonse = requests.get(f'https://www.alphavantage.co/query?function=TIME_SERIES_DAILY&symbol={symbol_company}&apikey={api_key}')
stock_data = resonse.json()
print(stock_data['Time Series (Daily)']['2020-04-03'])
Output:
{'1. open': '108.9200', '2. high': '110.0700', '3. low': '104.9200', '4. close': '106.3400', '5. volume': '4538113'}
If i look at Automated Trading Software like eOption, Interactive Brokers.
These are big and lot work to make bye more than one person.
eOption is web-based look, Interactive Brokers use GUI look.

I would have gone for web-based solution if gone make something like this in a smaller scale,
then Flask or Django are good options.
For a GUI option WxPython or QT for Python
Thank you snippsat !

i am reading it now...