Python Forum
help with ipmitool(pyipmi) and python 3.7
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with ipmitool(pyipmi) and python 3.7
Hello, i am asking your help to use pyipmi with python 3.7 (windows, python x32)

Does anyone get to work to successfully?
I have the following py code:

import pyipmi
import pyipmi.interfaces

but it shows me the error\output:
Error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Cloud\D Plugins\1.py", line 2, in <module> import pyipmi.interfaces File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\Lib\site-packages\pyipmi\interfaces\__init__.py", line 17, in <module> from .ipmitool import Ipmitool File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\Lib\site-packages\pyipmi\interfaces\ipmitool.py", line 24, in <module> from ..errors import IpmiTimeoutError File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\Lib\site-packages\pyipmi\errors.py", line 17, in <module> from .msgs.constants import COMPLETION_CODE_DESCR File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\Lib\site-packages\pyipmi\msgs\__init__.py", line 18, in <module> from .registry import register_message_class File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\Lib\site-packages\pyipmi\msgs\registry.py", line 19, in <module> from ..errors import DescriptionError ImportError: cannot import name 'DescriptionError' from 'pyipmi.errors' (C:\Program Files (x86)\Python37-32\Lib\site-packages\pyipmi\errors.py)
Any ideas how to solve it? Thanks.
This package is as old as the hills (2014).
This package: python-ipmi looks like a better choice.
you can install with:
pip install python-ipmi
You can find docs, and source here: https://github.com/kontron/python-ipmi
(Nov-29-2018, 09:00 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: This package is as old as the hills (2014).
This package: python-ipmi looks like a better choice.
you can install with:
pip install python-ipmi
I installed the same package. I used a sample from their example:

import pyipmi
import pyipmi.interfaces

So, I use the fresh package.
Any ideas? :(
Problem is not more relevant. The another solution is implemented.
topic is closed.