Python Forum
how to connect mysql from txt 1 line goes good but not all lines in text
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to connect mysql from txt 1 line goes good but not all lines in text
hii once again i need help i'm taking courses but just need a little help.
I have a made script that opens a file with data stored to read the file and connect to the database from out that txt file with eval
but now it opens and and start checken and it opens connection at first 3 lines in txt but it connects and print the 4 database in text

filepath = 'Results/sorted.txt'
with open(filepath) as lijst:
    for line in lijst:
        cnt = 1
        while line:
            try:
                connection = eval('MySQLdb.connect({})'.format(line.strip()))
                print("Line {}: {}".format(cnt, connection, line.strip()))
                line = lijst.readline()
                cnt += 1
                while cnt == + 1:
                    connection(cnt, line)
            except Error as e:
                print(e) 
Error:
C:\Users\Gebruiker\PycharmProjects\pythonProject\venv\Scripts\python.exe C:/Users/Gebruiker/Downloads/V1/test.py Line 1: <_mysql.connection open to 'first line' at 0000026EB9D29640> Line 2: <_mysql.connection open to 'second line' at 0000026EB9DB3FC0> Line 3: <_mysql.connection open to 'third line' at 0000026EB9D29640> (2002, "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'fourth line' (10060)") (2002, "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'fourth line ' (10060)") (2002, "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'fourth line' (10060)")
duplicate post
same as: https://python-forum.io/Thread-Need-Help...m-txt-file
hii i dont understand what you meant brother and is it normal i cant msg you?
any good good site for tut on python?
and i have now made small changes to my dbs connect file can you look at it for me and in small explain to me that if the program connects or not how continue to last dbs in opend file and not stop after check one

import MySQLdb
import MySQLdb._exceptions
import sys, os, requests

with open("datafile.txt", "r") as lijst:
            for line in lijst:
                lijst.readline
                connection = eval('MySQLdb.connect({})'.format(lijst.readline().strip()))
                print(connection)

Error:
C:\Users\Gebruiker\Downloads\V1>python3 *****.py <_mysql.connection open to 'localhost' at **********> Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\Gebruiker\Downloads\V1\****.py", line 8, in <module> connection = eval('MySQLdb.connect({})'.format(lijst.readline().strip())) File "<string>", line 1, in <module> File "C:\Users\Gebruiker\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python39\site-packages\MySQLdb\__init__.py", line 130, in Connect return Connection(*args, **kwargs) File "C:\Users\Gebruiker\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python39\site-packages\MySQLdb\connections.py", line 185, in __init__ super().__init__(*args, **kwargs2) MySQLdb._exceptions.OperationalError: (2002, "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10060)")
Instead of creating a new thread on same subject, you should just add new posts to same thread.
It just keeps things neat and avoids confusion.
Please read: https://python-forum.io/misc.php?action=help&hid=22
I locked the other thread. Keep the discussion here. I decided not to merge threads because it will create even bigger confusion.
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mysql and mysql.connector error lostintime 2 607 Oct-03-2023, 10:25 PM
Last Post: lostintime
  Python Serial: How to read the complete line to insert to MySQL? sylar 1 781 Mar-21-2023, 10:06 PM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Graphic line plot with matplotlib, text file in pytho khadija 2 1,338 Aug-15-2022, 12:00 PM
Last Post: khadija
  Editing text between two string from different lines Paqqno 1 1,287 Apr-06-2022, 10:34 PM
Last Post: BashBedlam
  Skipping line in text without Restarting Loop IdMineThat 4 1,433 Apr-05-2022, 04:23 AM
Last Post: deanhystad
  Extracting Specific Lines from text file based on content. jokerfmj 8 2,856 Mar-28-2022, 03:38 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  Find and delete above a certain line in text file cubangt 12 3,353 Mar-18-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: snippsat
  CSV to Text File and write a line in newline atomxkai 4 2,611 Feb-15-2022, 08:06 PM
Last Post: atomxkai
  Mysql error message: Lost connection to MySQL server during query tomtom 6 15,672 Feb-09-2022, 09:55 AM
Last Post: ibreeden
  raspberry use scrolling text two lines together fishbone 0 1,421 Sep-06-2021, 03:24 AM
Last Post: fishbone