Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my rmulation idea
i've long been wanting to build some abstract machine language and an emulator for it. Python and Pike have given me the idea. it could well be pretty much what a .pyc file is. but i'm going to take down to a basic system level where it would have the kinds of things like a machine has but the "RAM" would work like big namespace. then the next idea is to build an OS for it.

i want to create 4 different "expressions" which are syntax rules for the language. 1 will be like Python. 2 will be like assembly but very different. 3 will be like Pike or C. 4 will be more like the Forth language and operate on a stack. then i would start with a basic emulator inside a Linux container. much to still be thought out. but the big thing is virtual memory is no longer one big array of bytes to be indexed.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
(Nov-01-2018, 05:55 AM)Skaperen Wrote: i've long been wanting to build some abstract machine language and an emulator for it.
We have hundreds of full featured and very powerful languages. There will be many years of development before anyone feels the need to use your language written from scratch. What's the purpose of it apart from your self-learning about language implementation?

(Nov-01-2018, 05:55 AM)Skaperen Wrote: 2 will be like assembly but very different
There seems to be somewhat contradictory goals here...