Python Forum
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i cant seem to save
as the subject suggests i cant find where to save how do i save my work? im on python 3.6.2 mac
please help me Pray
You can use any text-based editor (i.e. not one that focuses on fancy formatting). Sublime Text is common, Pycharm is heavy-duty but great (more learning curve though), or you can get IDLE, which a lot of people don't like but I personally still use sometimes.
(Sep-01-2017, 04:12 PM)micseydel Wrote: You can use any text-based editor (i.e. not one that focuses on fancy formatting). Sublime Text is common, Pycharm is heavy-duty but great (more learning curve though), or you can get IDLE, which a lot of people don't like but I personally still use sometimes.
so do you mean copy and paste the whole script on to note pad or something?
Are you just working interactively, or are you using an editor or IDE?
It's important to give as much information up front.
It's very difficult to solve a problem if there are too many unknowns.
(Sep-01-2017, 04:19 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: Are you just working interactively, or are you using an editor or IDE?

idle

(Sep-01-2017, 04:19 PM)Larz60+ Wrote: Are you just working interactively, or are you using an editor or IDE?
It's important to give as much information up front.
It's very difficult to solve a problem if there are too many unknowns.

wait are u saying there is a python version that lets u save?
Idle is sort of bad for a lot of reasons.  So instead of copying and pasting from it into a real text editor, just start with a real text editor.  Notepad++ is pretty good, so is Visual Studio Code (which is free), and Atom is also pretty good.
PyCharm is excellent.

Idle does have a save method.
click File-->save
or File-->saveAs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to save to multiple locations during save cubangt 1 509 Oct-23-2023, 10:16 PM
Last Post: deanhystad