Python Forum
i hate stackoverflow
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i hate stackoverflow
I, for shits and giggles, was trying to get enough rep to answer questions and ask them on SO. However i had too low of rep. So you cant answer a question or ask a question with too low rep. I took about 2 hours yesterday trying to figure out how to ask a question on SO. I finally figured out that you get some rep for filling out your profile about me and stuff, etc. I literally had to have my brother up vote an 3 year old answer of mine just for me to be able to ask a question on SO. Im not sure how i was able to answer a question then.

Then when i finally got access to ask a question i came across constant errors when posting. I came up with a bogus question to ask to try to get more rep for their process of introduction. You get rep for asking your first question with 1 point or more.

I kept getting grammar issues even though it was proper. So i could never finish their introduction to SO.

Then I copied a question from here that was somehow legit enough to ask there, and it posted. There wasn't anything different in that post from mine. So after people downvoted my question, i am now once again unable to ask a question or answer a question because of my low rep. I give up. Its a good site to pop up on google responses, but horrible for actually asking/answering them. I have no idea how people have even gotten rep in the first place.

In total i spent about 3 hours trying to 15 points of rep to be able to do anything on their site. And i had to cheat to be able to get any headway at all.

This is the most ridiculous method i have have seen. This is why rep/likes here has no effect on abilities to post.
Recommended Tutorials:
Wall LOL Wall
Craig "Ichabod" O'Brien - xenomind.com
I wish you happiness.
Recommended Tutorials: BBCode, functions, classes, text adventures
I never asked question (only answers so far), but that's strange. There are tons of questions of new users, e.g. 1-3 rep points. Also many answer by such users. There is restriction that you cannot post comments if not enough rep points...
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself, Albert Einstein
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way: link and another link
Create MCV example
Debug small programs

Now im banned from answering questions for some reason.

If i go to the help link i get:
Quote:How can I get out of an answer ban?

The ban will be lifted automatically by the system when it determines that your positive contributions outweigh those answers which were poorly received.
So i cannot answer questions until i get unbanned, but yet i cannot make any contributions to get unbanned. Seems like a catch 22 to me.

So in attempt to fix the answers which i guess it figures is bad, i deleted my answers and questions. Then i dropped 13 rep for deleting my posts. Now i am now to 4 rep. This is so stupid.
Recommended Tutorials:
i haven't been there much, lately, due to committing more time on many development projects. i have higher levels in several areas for answering questions. and i have asked some, too.

understand that SO's goal is to build a massive collection of good questions, with a variety of good answers.

i should drop my there and see what they still let me do.

it still says anybody can ask a question and anybody can answer. maybe they don't consider you anybody. maybe you really are banned for some reason. i should really test it with a new user name. do you have exact message or a screen capture when they refuse you. if they let you log in that doesn't mean much because anyone can register another user. have you tried to register another user?
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
The images in my posts are the errors i get when i try to answer or ask a question. It doesnt say anything referring to being restricted elsewhere at all. I could try to make a new account and see how far i get. But at this point i am so angered by them i dont want to deal with it currently. I will try later though.
Recommended Tutorials:
try to post a question and/or answer without any images and see if they let you do that. it should, at least, be doable with a new user connecting from a new IP.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.
Wall Wall Wall

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I hate transponder keys metulburr 27 14,715 Apr-05-2019, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Skaperen
  Jon Skeet's post about StackOverflow culture micseydel 11 6,913 Mar-18-2018, 01:56 PM
Last Post: metulburr
  I hate text editors nilamo 38 21,805 Jan-11-2018, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Skaperen