images unviewable as guest
If a user is not logged in, the user allowed to view tutorials,
which is good, but not able to view images (expanded) associated
with same.

This, would annoy me to the point that I would write off the
site as a non-useful resource.

I don't think this was intended.
Will this work now?
this is indeed not wanted to be restricted to guests. I would have the same thought...if you dont let me view the image, im not going to make an account just to view.

There seems to be only one option regarding this...and that is to allow guest usergroup to download attachments. Which i switched it to allow. But even after doing that if you try to view the attachment enlarged, it asks to log in.

There is either another settings somewhere.....or would need a core edit surprisingly.
Recommended Tutorials:
Sounds dangerous.
I'd mark it as something to keep in mind
somewhere the answer will pop out
i asked on mybb forums....just waiting for someone who knows mybb well.
Recommended Tutorials:
Not sure if it was mybb, but I've been frustrated when a solution appears in a Google search and the forum requires logging in for simple information. So it could be by design, to encourage signups. Not that we should go that evil route.
(Dec-02-2016, 09:08 PM)metulburr Wrote: i asked on mybb forums....just waiting for someone who knows mybb well.

I don't know MyBB well but this isn't the case on Gimp-Forum.net. And AFAIK we just enabled the "Can download attachments?" for guests.

Try the attachments in this post: http://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Testing...d=96#pid96

Is there a post with an image I can test somewhere on PF?
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
Quote:Try the attachments in this post: http://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Testing...d=96#pid96
this seems like images via img tag, not attachments

Quote:Is there a post with an image I can test somewhere on PF?
I guess we should post some cuz i cant find any....

img tag:
[Image: images_products_multipath_python-logo-3.png]

attachment:

EDIT:
They both are visible as normal for me as a guest.
Recommended Tutorials:
(Dec-05-2016, 12:54 PM)metulburr Wrote:
Quote:Try the attachments in this post: http://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Testing...d=96#pid96
this seems like images via img tag, not attachments
They have all been updated as attachments... but as I said above, under the size set in the ACP, they are served as plain images. The bigger ones above are only thumbnails (see the comment above each image) and can be clicked to get the full-size image.

(Dec-05-2016, 12:54 PM)metulburr Wrote: Is there a post with an image I can test somewhere on PF?
I guess we should post some cuz i cant find any....

img tag:

attachment:

EDIT:
They both are visible as normal for me as a guest.

No problem getting the attachment image when connected as guest...
Unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.
Your one-stop place for all your GIMP needs: gimp-forum.net
@[Larz60+]
Check it now. I went through and allowed guest usergroup to download attachments on each forum level and their usergroup.

It seems to work find from my end

Recommended Tutorials: