Python Forum
incremental testing in all()
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
incremental testing in all()
Quote:if it does not quit early it can still be equivalent to that code in terms of what is returned.
That would not make it equivalent in terms of behaviour (i.e. "quitting early") which is part of the code.
Quote:that semantic is the effect of a sentence in context. this was learned in my basic journalism writing class (a good class to take for documentive writing).
The example is within the context of explaining the behaviour of a given function. The Python code is equivalent not only in return value but also in behaviour. Also, I don't know about your culture, but in mine it's frowned upon to be arrogant to people helping you and doubling down on it after they have shown you you were wrong.

Cheers
i already know for sure that the python i have makes all() quit early. if all() does that, then i am confident that any() will quit early when it hits a true item.

my concern is just the documentation. others who read English in a literal way (typically those who have studied writing in English) could read that part as not expressing the timing logic matter.
Tradition is peer pressure from dead people

What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. Two languages? Bilingual. One language? American.