Python Forum
Poll: What to do with the jobs section?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
no opinion
0%
0 0%
Remove the jobs section, and do not allow posting of jobs advertisment across the board
22.22%
2 22.22%
Remove the jobs section, and allow limited advertisement elsewhere; possibly in "discussions
0%
0 0%
Keep the jobs section the way it is. Dont change anything.
11.11%
1 11.11%
Keep the jobs section, but require a donation in order for companies/users to post links/info there
11.11%
1 11.11%
Keep the jobs section, but limit the links/info allowed in there; possibly restricting clickable links
55.56%
5 55.56%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jobs section
The jobs sections has gotten some borderline spam VS advertisement.

We were discussing the possibility of removing it or restricting the content in there. We also had a suggestion of requiring a donation for the ability to post links in the jobs section, as a way to deter our forum from being spam posted in the jobs section.
Recommended Tutorials:
Should this poll really be in the "boards" section where everyone (including those who are misusing the current system) can vote for it?
What is the benefit of limiting clickability? We're going to remove the spammy ones regardless as they come up, and then the steady state for legit ones will just be less easy to use, right?
(Jan-17-2018, 09:39 PM)micseydel Wrote: What is the benefit of limiting clickability? We're going to remove the spammy ones regardless as they come up, and then the steady state for legit ones will just be less easy to use, right?
Just discourages people posting there for SEO purposes in my opinion. If they know their post won't contain an actual link to their site they might be discouraged from spamming it in the first place; but who knows if this would actually have an effect in practice.
Quote:Should this poll really be in the "boards" section where everyone (including those who are misusing the current system) can vote for it?
I dont really take into consideration of users <50 posts anyway in polls. But there is no way to restrict polls to X post users.
Quote:What is the benefit of limiting clickability? We're going to remove the spammy ones regardless
One of them we only caught because someone else posted another link as a response. Otherwise it could of been up indefinitely.

I am teetering on voting toremove the jobs section also. The only reason i do like it is because of small gigs. Such as ill pay you 30 bucks to help me finish this via paypal or something. Im not fond of the company advertising aspect.
Recommended Tutorials:
The thing I don't like is I suspect we have a whole set of "users" who PM every single person who asks a question in the homework section offering their "services". The job section just seems to exacerbate this. In theory I have no problem with it being used for small projects and requests, but I don't think this is what it is really amounting to at the moment.
Quote:I suspect we have a whole set of "users" who PM every single person who asks a question in the homework section offering their "services".
I am pretty sure that this is happening. Maybe not all, but some. They are just exchanging emails as far as i can see, but they are definitely advertising their services. If they put their email in jobs then we have no eye on it at all.
Recommended Tutorials:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have you considered adding a section for MicroPython? Tiel 7 3,626 Oct-06-2021, 08:11 AM
Last Post: buran
  Challenges Section Kai. 14 11,794 Nov-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Root13
  A newbie section Kai. 6 6,414 Nov-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Last Post: wavic